New Deathspell Omega Split Announced

my friends, im fucking speechless. this is the best piece of metal this year and im only 10 minutes in.

^ It is amazing. I can't stop playing it over and over. And there's an official DsO site under construction, if anyone is interested.

haha I try that site once a day, it's bookmarked.

this is my second time listening it sounds like a really hopeful DsO track. i think it's less aggressive at times and more up-sounding than their norm, which maybe coincides with the white cover for the first time? anyways, this is unbelievably fantastic, i see it being one my favorites.

Yeah I find it a lot more hectic, intense and violent than the 2 other pieces they'll be compared to, Diabolus & Mass Grave obv. It barely has calm interludes, and when they occasionally appear they only last for a minute or so at most.

i was mainly referring to the beginning of the song before it gets all evil-hectic-fucked up at like 6 mins. that first part just feels hopeful imo. i have to agree that once the song gets going it's a fucked up assault of DsO aggressiveness.

haha I try that site once a day, it's bookmarked.

this is my second time listening it sounds like a really hopeful DsO track. i think it's less aggressive at times and more up-sounding than their norm, which maybe coincides with the white cover for the first time? anyways, this is unbelievably fantastic, i see it being one my favorites.

.........im sitting here speechless. i just got fucked by this song and i must sit and rest my worn body and mind.

the reason i quoted philno is because i agree with his statement, there are moments that seem not so brutal, the production is just amazing. this song is just.....fuck.

at around 8:00-8:30 in the song it sounds like a different vocalist for a couple lines....

ffs clean vocals at 21:00 that work perfectly with the moment.

this song isnt possible imo.

I'm having a ridiculously hard time attaining a physical of this. So I called the store and talked to someone who not only controls all of the metal stock but knows one of the owners of NoEvDia. He said that it was meant to be released in the US some time in January but it leaked out (through a mistake) in December. They already sent commands out to printing and a lot of copies were printed in Europe before they halted it. He's trying to attain copies through NoEvDia but it's hard to. I'm just going to order it offline because it'd be quicker to just order it offline in the US versus from France. He had also never heard of the Mass Grave re-release.

I sooooooooooooooo want to hear this, but I can't right now. :(