New Dragonlord is pretty killer...

I just got the new one, I really like it. It has a cool thrash vibe to it that most black metal doesnt have. I never liked black metal, but this cd is diffrent. Most black metal bands, the drums and all the music is so fast, it sounds robotic, with this cd it sounds like a band playing the songs. Good stuff.

well, it's a little bit idiotic not to like a cd because it doesn't sound like your favorite band. People can be open minded you know? I like it, a lot of people who like testament like it. It doesn't need to sound exactly like testament to be good. It has great riffs, great drumming, great songwriting. Hell, Erik can have a pretty good dang voice! What do you want more? Old school thrash? No thx, it's dragonlord, not testament.

Unless you're saying most testaments fans are close minded people who only like one style of music........

Maybe people say Testament fans will like it because, after all, Eric writes most music for both bands.

I think he sings well, I like his clean voice too!

oldschoolthrashmetal said:
nah, still not any T-Fan will like it ;)

Has nothing to do with not liking different styles or being intolerant.

It´s a bit idiotic to assume every T-Fan would like it, just because Eric and Smythe play there ;)
I made the assumption based on the music itself, not the people who play it. But anyway, if you're really a die hard "old school" thrash metal fan, I don't expect you to like most of nowadays new metal bands.

ingenkommentar said:
Maybe people say Testament fans will like it because, after all, Eric writes most music for both bands.

I think he sings well, I like his clean voice too!

I wish he'd write a Testament album instead of DL:Smug:

Larf03 said:
I liked the first one better... too much black, not enough thrash
actually, I thought the first one sounded a lot more black than the second one, which has a lot more thrash riffs

'Black Wings...' is the shit! I think it's better than the first album, especially because it's a lot catchier! But what I like about both albums is that they sound a lot like 'The Gathering' but w/ black metal sounds into the mix.:Spin: