New DT Italian Fan Site

nice looking site, though 'darkillity' sounds pretty stupid. :p
Taliesin said:
Hah, that's easy. Just fold your hands so that all five fingers touch each other, open your eyes widely and insert a lot of "Eeehhhh..!"
No wait.. that was for speaking :( Sorry Im out of advice there
:lol:

Somber Soul said:
Anyone letting us non-Italians in on the joke? ;)
it's just some very vulgar piece of slang, used by a category of italian youth whose characteristics are not exactly flattering. ;) the actual joke revolves around the word "tranqui", both a part of the band's name and short for the term these people would use to mean "calm" or "chilling out".

sorry for the short journey into the marvels of the italian language.

Connacht said:
lol, Italian is grammatically more rigid than English but is more "regular" and haven't some of typical English pronunciation deliriums (for example: peas, piece and piece, they are different words but they have the same pronunciation) :D
Well, "peas" is actually pronounced peaz. :p But yeah, I both love and hate the fact that English pronunciation appears almost arbitrary at times. "Magdalen", anybody? ;)

Exactly, I think that the English word for "minchia" is "fu*k", also because this word has various translations in Italian slangs and dialects o_O

great!! my DT website has been approved and linked on the official page by the Band!! There is a post in our guestbook signed by Niklas... :worship:

i don't know if it's really niklas or someone else on behalf of him, but one thing is sure: my site is now linked!!!!! :headbang: :D

Nt3N said:
great!! my DT website has been approved and linked on the official page by the Band!! There is a post in our guestbook signed by Niklas... :worship:

i don't know if it's really niklas or someone else on behalf of him, but one thing is sure: my site is now linked!!!!! :headbang: :D

congrats to you then :)

Nt3N said:

i dare say it's niklas. check the two last lines of the www.darktranquillity.com newsflash from yesterday ;)

Delirious said:
i dare say it's niklas. check the two last lines of the www.darktranquillity.com newsflash from yesterday ;)
yep me too,i think the same :)
anyway i'm italian too -benvenuti!!! :wave: :wave: :wave: -
and i've taken a look to yr site:very nice and fast! :D
why don't u put some pix also?
and about the name darkillity,yep it sounds really as a trick! :p
but darkill should be a great name for an ignorant band... :ill:

ciao!

well, i'll add pictures as soon as I can.. i'm the webmaster also for other websites so darkillity has to share my time with other pages... however, i hope that in the next few days a lot of pictures will be available in our photogallery :headbang:

as far as the name is concerned... ia have to admint that it sounds like a joke but i find it much more original than just Dark Tranquillity Italia... i prefer it coz it seems just like a sort of slang or vulgar term for "darkness" and in the term itself u find the word "kill", and the mix of "dark" and "tranquillity"... :err:

:D

and the italian army is continuing to grow... soon we'll take over the world, bwaaaahhaaahhhaaahhhh!

oh, Nt3n good site btw. O come si direbbe in toscana "ganzo!" :loco: