New ENCHANT !!! Official !!!

I'm usually a sneaky spectator at these forums.. however, I had to register just to be able to say that this is the most exciting news I've heard in a long time! Really looking forward to it :) My favorite band since I first heard you ten years ago.

Yeah, I'm a little late on the YEAH MAN that this is official now. You guys have no idea how much I'm looking forward to the new disc.

You also have no idea how much Enchant chatter there will be a little later this evening...I hope I get to work on time tomorrow! ;)

Cheers guys! And to all the other Enchant fans out there! :wave:

:headbang: You rock...

Thank you for some good news... I somehow felt it would be worth waiting...

I still have a special place for the DVD you signed in Oberhausen when you visited last time.

:kickass: here's to you

would love to hear more about how the new album may sound, will there be a teaser???

So stoked to know these news! I hadn't checked for updates in a while, but I'm glad I did, new Enchant sounds are most anticipated and it's great to know the line-up is still intact.

I have an Enchant cd that I made from my albums to listen to in my truck, I broke it out about a week ago and haven't stopped listening to it since. That's the reason I felt the urge to check in.

I can't wait to hear what's next from the band. I really needed to feel this excited for something again. Thanks so much!

I had heard about this on Facebook when you first announced it, Ed. I couldn't be more thrilled.

Oh yeah, until you announce that you'll be playing in Northern California again soon!!

Doug, Ed, please throw us a bone. We realize you guys are hard at work on the new one, but please just let us know somebody's out there. Any chance of a Bay Area gig in the not too distant future? I'd love to fly back home for a couple days. It's been way too long! Thanks.

And an additonal advice (taken from a Marillion post, but also applies to any other page):

"Facebook is pushing administrators to pay to promote every post/update from their page. In an attempt to make page administrators pay for "promoted posts" Facebook will now only let 7% of you receive each update we post. We simply cannot afford the hundreds of Pounds we would need to spend on each post. Meaning that now, in order to receive all Marillion related messages/posts, you must do the following:

1) Go to the Marillion Facebook page.
2) Hover your mouse over where it says "LIKED" and click on "ADD TO INTERESTS LISTS" (perhaps make a Marillion list)
By doing this, you will be able to see ALL of posts about Marillion in your news feed!. Do this for all of the pages you want updates from."

(i.e. do this for Enchant :))

I like all of you have been anxiously awaiting some word on the the progess of the new CD...
I contacted Ed directly through Face Book and he kindly updated me me on what is happening in the Enchant camp. I'm going to assume that most if not all of you know that Ted was doing Spocks as well as some other side projects and that was part of the delay but this is what I also heard from Ed....They were considering doing a concept CD but scratched that idea. In the process canned most of the songs for the upcoming CD and started over keeping only 2 of the original group of songs. They now have about 10 songs, shooting for aout 14 total and picking from those. As of the begining of September, 8 songs needed vocals and lyrics. It was told to me there will be a few straight up non progressive songs to be more verstile but the prog ones will be heavy...
So we all still patiently wait....but thought this was a good bit of information for all of us who have been patiently waiting since we heard the first word of a CD coming out...

Cool, thanks for relaying the info.

Gotta admit I'm a little nervous about the concept album (up my alley) being scrapped in light of the "straight-up non-progressive" tracks, but I'm still optimistic as it still sounds varied. I can't really blame them for trying to be more accessible if that's the intention, particularly at this stage.

*cough* It'd still be nice if Ed chimed in here. I know a lot of bands have moved away from forums. One of my other prog favorites, Vanden Plas, posted on their own forum for years and really built a rapport with their fans, then one day their forum was taken offline and everyone was referred to Facebook where the members never interact with fans anymore. Not saying that's happening here, just that, well, Facebook sucks :p

I'm kind of glad they ditched the idea of making a concept album, as it doesn't really suit the band, I think. Now I'm just hoping for a speedy completion and especially some live dates in Europe afterwards, since they had to cancel ProgPower Europe.

Finally!! "officially official" http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=104753
San Francisco progressive rock/metal act Enchant will release the eighth studio effort "The Great Divide" on September 29th in North America via InsideOut Music. It is the first release in eleven years, with the last - "Tug of War" - issued in 2003 via InsideOut.

Enchant is the Bay Area's long-running prog rock institution, founded in 1989, with the debut album "A Blueprint of the World" released in 1995. Main songwriter and guitarist Douglas A. Ott had the following to say about the upcoming release: "Well, it's finally here folks! There was a time when I was unsure of Enchant's future but fear not. We've made another album after 10 years and are very excited and proud of this endeavor! Our new album is called The Great Divide and we can't wait for you to hear it! Nine brand-new ENCHANT tracks, including one instrumental. Classic ENCHANT but with a bunch of new twists and turns. Long time in the making but it is surely worth the wait. Coming out late September, so be sure to check it out!"

The track list for "The Great Divide" is:

1. Circles
2. Within an Inch
3. The Great Divide
4. All Mixed Up
5. Transparent Man
6. Life in a Shadow
7. Deserve to Feel
8. Here and Now
9. Prognosticator

df99c2.jpg