New Endorsement for Marcel Coenen

mcoenen

Guitarist in Sun Caged
Mar 31, 2002
sittard, netherlands
www.marcelcoenen.com
Hello all

Well, finally I can announce my new endorsement with the Dutch guitar manufacturer Bo-El. Huub Boel is the person responsible for the guitars, he designes them himself and builds them too, in cooperation with the factory from Shine in Korea (using their machines).

Last year I got a letter from him, telling me that he wanted to offer me an endorsement for his products. I met him shortly after that and we discussed everything from there. He asked me what I like in a guitar, and what I wanted it to be. I explained him all of it, and he started to design the prototype. When the prototype was built he invited me to his little shop in Zutphen (Netherlands) to try the prototype, we discussed some adjustments from there, and now I have the adjusted prototype at home.

I tell you guys one thing: This is the best guitar I ever played on ! I own a universe, Jem and RG series from Ibanez, but this guitar blows them all away. In sound, playability and tuning (it is tight as hell)

Here some pics:

MC7_01b.jpg

MC7_02.jpg

This guitar (called the MC-7 series) will be produced soon. The retail version will be available from august 2005 at huub boel comany. Visit their website to know more about these guitars (the website is only in Dutch for now, but I know he is working on an english version also)

http://www.huubboel.nl

Some specs about this guitar:

7-string, two humbuckers (Bo~El HB- SD /7) splittable and phase switch. The neck is in Rosewood with a Tree Of Life (TOL) inlay. Jumbo frets. carved solidbody, floyd rose tremolo, All acces neck/body joint.

Here is a little video I recorded with my webcam yesterday with the guitar:

http://www.metalagesmedia.com/marcel/video/boelmc7b.mpg

Greets

Marcel

I saw you post this on the jp forum marcel, and let me just say again
That video was fukin pulverizing man. :hotjump: Anywho, you definately derserve the endorsement, you are really a unique musician, I don't think I would hate anything that you play man, your really an inspiration. Congrats on it dude, the guitar is beautiful, I just got my 7 string carvin back with blazes and man it screams with my jmp1, I take my gear advice from your setup and man I've been satified all the way. Thx for the music dude, and shred on. :) :) :headbang: :headbang: :devil:

what is the wood marcel? Tremolo? will they be able to be customized even more for individuals thru Bo-el? and Might Ibaneza get a little upset over that Tree of Life motif? owe yeaH You got killer tone and I love the faces you make when you JAM you are a real Player....

What's the neck join like on it? All-access Ibanez style, or more like Jackson-style? I've been playing Ibanez guitars for so long, I find any other kind of bolt-on neck join huge. I checked the site for the guitars, but it's a bit incomplete. It doesn't even have your endorsement news on it. [shock horror!!!]

It sure looks nice, anyhow. Will this be available as a produced model once you finally get the design right? (if it's not yet?)