Marcel Coenen

Until that time: let me show you a pic of the guitar I ordered last week and will have in 3-4 month :D

KV2-LTG.jpg

My guitar is sort of a first price ibanez (grx something if I remember well), and the bridge PU really sucks ! :) (Well I don't already really play clear and accurate neither, but the PU sucks anyway...)

Mmh, just a question :
When I watch some Bodom videos, it looks like Alexi doesn't use the pinky finger when he plays in the 20-24th frets. Am I right ? Or did I smocked something illegal before watching the video ?
If I'm right, is it something common not to play with the pinky in the highest frets ?

for-will-drive-devil said:
My guitar is sort of a first price ibanez (grx something if I remember well), and the bridge PU really sucks ! :) (Well I don't already really play clear and accurate neither, but the PU sucks anyway...)

Mmh, just a question :
When I watch some Bodom videos, it looks like Alexi doesn't use the pinky finger when he plays in the 20-24th frets. Am I right ? Or did I smocked something illegal before watching the video ?
If I'm right, is it something common not to play with the pinky in the highest frets ?

you got a grx 40 z?

what colour?

for-will-drive-devil said:
Mmh, just a question :

You didn't smoke to much. Alexi uses the dinky in "higher regions" not so often. I do it the same way because its just not necessary. For me its common, I don't know about others. Just do it how you feel like. I have big hands and it would be to dense to play it like in the "lower regions" with all 4 fingers!

And dude, Ibanez sucks *makes himself enemies*. When you have enough money: buy a USA neck-thru Jackson and you would not be dissapointed. On this gits its easier to play faster and accurater, believe me!

The_Children_of_Decadence>>>Mmh no, I looked at the back of the neck, it's a GRX70, not 40. And it's black. It's the one in the "ibanez beginner pack", with a small 15W amp etc etc (but as there was no pack anymore, the seller gave me a secondhand Roland 30W, which looks good, even if I don't think roland are the best map for heavy, but I dont know much about guitar stuff)

Thilo>>>M'kay, I'm reassured, as I never smoke :p
It's a bit strange for me to play without the pinky. As I play for just a bit more than one year, I still sometimes fail my scales, so playing with only 3 fingers is something totally different... But I always wonder "if the pro do it this way, is it the way I should nearn ?" (for not having to "unlearn" latter...)

And about Ibanez, I don't know, maybe the vai signature model or things like that are good, but for +-300€, I could not have the best guitar !
For now I'm dreaming about a Warrior WRMG ^^.

BodomiC said:
Nothing special :D

If ya wonna hear some really awesome shred then go to the great one and only Kazaa, and d/load a file named Paul Gilbert - Insane guitar solo :lol: Theres nothnig that can beat that one.

When I heard it for the first time I did a quadripple SHOE! :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie:

I found one called "Paul GIlbert - Guitar solo", is it the one you're talking about ?
He's wearing a red pant and it looks to be in japan. He first plays power chord then lot of things, some insame sweeping etc etc, and near the end he plays some scales very very fast, is it this one ?