New EP

The attitudes to the word "remix" in this thread are rather naíve and ignorant. Remixes aren't always great, true, but to say they are a "techno" thing is just stupid. A remix is *technically* what it says on the tin, but the word is often used interchangably for a reworking. It doesn't have to involve electronics at all, and in fact, given the keyboard driven nature of "Cloud Connected" I would imagine any worthwhile "remix" to be a heavier, more guitar driven reworking.

And if they are remixes in the truest sense of the word, then their quality will simply be down to who remixes them! For example, I would expect an Ulver remix of ANY song to be worth my attention!

Hellion said:
The attitudes to the word "remix" in this thread are rather naíve and ignorant. Remixes aren't always great, true, but to say they are a "techno" thing is just stupid. A remix is *technically* what it says on the tin, but the word is often used interchangably for a reworking. It doesn't have to involve electronics at all, and in fact, given the keyboard driven nature of "Cloud Connected" I would imagine any worthwhile "remix" to be a heavier, more guitar driven reworking.

HAIL TO THE REMIXES!!! ;)

If this EP is gonna suck like RTR, then I'll wait for another album like Colony. If it's gonna kick ass, then we can just relax and say that RTR was just a mistake and it was probabily from some other band.
This is my opinion. :)

Hellion said:

And if they are remixes in the truest sense of the word, then their quality will simply be down to who remixes them! For example, I would expect an Ulver remix of ANY song to be worth my attention!

That's true. Carcass actually turned a Bjork song ('Isobel') into a listenable piece of music. They were pretty good with their remixes (of other artists). I just hope that someone outside the In Flames clan (or better yet, the whole melodic metal scene) gets to try their hand at it. I'd rather pay for 2 crappy, but vastly different versions of the song than 2 generic heavier-sounding versions.

JesteR-7 said:
If this EP is gonna suck like RTR, then I'll wait for another album like Colony. If it's gonna kick ass, then we can just relax and say that RTR was just a mistake and it was probabily from some other band.
This is my opinion. :)

You do so. Wait for Colony 2. An album which will only be released in you imagination. Get a grip and understand that they won't do a thing like that anymore. I am not saying that I don't want an album like Colony again, but let's face it....