New Face Culture interviews

Thanks again mexicola!

Some interesting stuff about the interview with Mikael :

- Burden and Hessian Peel are connected songs (with Porcelain Heart).
- Watershed (the above songs, mostly, I guess) was inspired by someone Mikael used to know who commited suicide.
- He learnt it while in studio, he wasn't in touch with her anymore (it was a girl with which he broke up 12 years ago, and he knew pretty much about her story without really talking to her).
- Watershed has to be based on her story.
- Mikael writes lyrics when people around him dies. It inspires him. I agree.
- Burden video clip was done in a theater in Vancouver.

That's what I retained the most. Take a look for more details, great interview and Mikael's looking pretty well.

Wow, cool interview...
I also didn't know that the lyrics on Damnation are inspired by the deaths of Mike's grandma and other grandpa. Poor Mikael... the interviewer was very tough and direct...lots of very private questions....
I think Mike said some things here that he never wanted to be heard by anyone actually but he must have been surprised (same as in the interview about peter) by the interviewer being so probing.

By the way, Happy New Year

(it was a girl with which he broke up 12 years ago, and he knew pretty much about her story without really talking to her).

Didn't he write to bid you farewell after breaking up with a girl or something like that? (ok I have no idea why I think that but somehow I recall reading it somewhere) And probably about 12 years ago? Could it be the same? :OMG:

Ok I know it's pointless even if it was the same, but it was just a thought

Wow, cool interview...
I also didn't know that the lyrics on Damnation are inspired by the deaths of Mike's grandma and other grandpa. Poor Mikael... the interviewer was very tough and direct...lots of very private questions....
I think Mike said some things here that he never wanted to be heard by anyone actually but he must have been surprised (same as in the interview about peter) by the interviewer being so probing.

By the way, Happy New Year
I agree. That interviewer is one big probe.

:lol:

His English is terrible but he gets the answers out of Mikael it seems.

LoL something severely got destructed in the 1st part of Mike's interview....I got cracked up !!

This makes eerily more sense in a suicide perspective:

Hessian Peel

Will the children cry
When their mother dies
And in the autumn of their lives
Will they feel the same

Her longing for me coming down like hail
Why did you leave me

Come here inside
And tell me how
How in my final days
I'd find the rhyme

The light comes on the signal for us to act our lives
You wait beneath the white sheets and you wait forever
We all left you alone

Lock the children away from harm
They're no longer your reason why

You felt abandoned in a flock of friends
Singing praise for the dead
Awaited the face of the moon to ascend
And followed the sound in your head

This makes eerily more sense in a suicide perspective:

That.. is so true. Now it's clear. I guess Watershed is less a mystery now, well, for at least 2 songs on it. Like he said, he kind of told her story almost from her own perspective though he actually didn't talk to her this whole time...

Hmm and she had children.

Considering that Mike has done several interviews with that guy over the years, I doubt he was surprised at all. He's always been direct and pushy with Mike; he was the guy who got Mike to spill the whole(er) story about Peter leaving.

Even though Mikael doesn't mention anything about it, I believe that "Coil" and "Hex Omega" are about that girl, too.

The difference is:
"Burden", "Porcelain Heart" and "Hessian Peel" are pointed only on the girl and those lyrics are often told from her point of view while "Coil" and "Hex Omega" are about her former relationship with Mikael and about the cause why they separated. There are hints in phrases like "Two years in your heart" (they were a couple for two years) or "Two lives torn apart" (they separated).

Moreover, I think that "Heir Apparent" and "The Lotus Eater" tell a completely different story. I guess they are about one male person that is maybe both the heir apparent and the lotus eater. And this man might have played a important role in Mikael's own past.

This could also be the reason why "Watershed" is officially NO concept album, because it doesn't tell ONE story in 7 songs but it tells two different stories in relation 2 songs : 5 songs.

And about "Derelict Herds"....no idea... :erk:

Have a nice weekend :headbang: