new facebook group for vintersorgers

i tend to agree with what Kazaum said earlier in this thread about joining FB so - no, sorry but no FB or Twitter for me definitely. Besides, i really don't need a FB account other than for joining Vintersorg forum group which seems rather pointless by itself, since everybody who's in that group is also a member of this forum :rolleyes:

If all of you FBers find it more convenient to talk there then i suppose it's just bummer for the rest of us and for this forum which seems to be running dry at the moment... but oh well, the more time for work i guess :lol:
:headbang:

I find the layout of Facebook easier to navigate. I also find it easier to keep track of who's who on Facebook which results in a much more personal experience. Ever since the Facebook group began I've felt like I have a much stronger sense of everybody's personalities! I still check in here everyday, but I agree with the sentiment that the album has been out for a month so conversation has cooled down a bit. This forum has always had busy/slow spells! I doubt it's gonna "die." We all must stick together as united Vintersorg followers, but we should take it as a good thing to have 2 places now! The more the better! It's like building colonies throughout the world of the internet.

I find the layout of Facebook easier to navigate. I also find it easier to keep track of who's who on Facebook which results in a much more personal experience. Ever since the Facebook group began I've felt like I have a much stronger sense of everybody's personalities! I still check in here everyday, but I agree with the sentiment that the album has been out for a month so conversation has cooled down a bit. This forum has always had busy/slow spells! I doubt it's gonna "die." We all must stick together as united Vintersorg followers, but we should take it as a good thing to have 2 places now! The more the better! It's like building colonies throughout the world of the internet.

Yeah, FB makes it much more personal; I think this forum has always been quite close, and now it's even more, we are really getting to know each other now. Like you, I don't think this forum is going to die :) .

i completely agree!!!! :D
and also fb is for lazy people, because i could click on "i like it" button instead of writing that i agree ;)

and also fb is for lazy people, because i could click on "i like it" button instead of writing that i agree ;)

Where's the "like" button???

Djöfull;9815252 said:
Because we should aim for world domination? Or maybe it brings cozytime.

But , remember kids, beware of internet addiction. There is another world out there.:dopey:

What world…? There's one besides the Net…?

phd062307s.gif

facebook-aug-07.gif

Facebook-Cartoon.jpg

like_dislike_stamp_tate.jpg

yawn

These comics are all amusing but there's no question that they're biased. I have no problem acknowledging the negative possibilities Facebook has to offer, but I'd prefer to focus on the positive ones instead.

Haha I've always found that I use the "quote" button here in similar situations as to when I use the "like" button in Facebook! Like with this post :p

These comics are all amusing but there's no question that they're biased. I have no problem acknowledging the negative possibilities Facebook has to offer, but I'd prefer to focus on the positive ones instead.

i think all of this comics (exception made for the last one) can be applied to both fb and myspace, so i don't see why to bicker, since elvina has myspace too, as a lot of us.
i have opened my fb account really late, not for any ethic question, but because fb and myspace are more or less the same old story, but simply with different layouts/settings, and i didn't want to lose too much time following both of them, having the same friends on both and discussing the same things on both.
but myspace is as superficial as fb, so i don't see much difference.
then myspace exploded and fb seemed the only option for me to keep in touch with some people who live far from here. but at the beginning my choice between fb and myspace was only motivated by a more freedom you have with myspace in customizing the page, adding a nice background picture, some more profile photos, video and songs, i felt it to be more personal....

@ lefay >>
I don't want to seem like an asshole about this, I'm obviously not going to join and you're happy doing what you're doing so I'm just doing to drop it here. :)

i joined myspace in 2006. I cannot remember when was the last time i logged in there, suppose 6 to 8 months ago. Nuff said.

The only thing myspace was ever good for, was the updates from the bands. And it still works btw, and i don't ever need to log in.

This is so ironic: this topic is really what this forum can do without, and yet it's almost the only one where the conversation still goes on... It would be greatly appreciated if you all went raving about how great and convenient FB is there, on FB, and not here, and would only use this thread for figuring out who is who... I'm fed up with how this fckin FB gets shoved down our throats everywhere so i'm just going to hit "Unsubscribe from this thread" button anyway.

@ lefay >>

i joined myspace in 2006. I cannot remember when was the last time i logged in there, suppose 6 to 8 months ago. Nuff said.

The only thing myspace was ever good for, was the updates from the bands. And it still works btw, and i don't ever need to log in.

This is so ironic: this topic is really what this forum can do without, and yet it's almost the only one where the conversation still goes on... It would be greatly appreciated if you all went raving about how great and convenient FB is there, on FB, and not here, and would only use this thread for figuring out who is who... I'm fed up with how this fckin FB gets shoved down our throats everywhere so i'm just going to hit "Unsubscribe from this thread" button anyway.

elvina, i think you're a really nice girl, but i have to say to you one thing in complete honesty. it's the second time that you're not satisfied about where a conversation is going and that you ask to stop this conversation. i think it's not fair, if you know what to expect from this topic, just not read it if it annoys you. i think this is the basic notion for a pacific life in common.
the first time i didn't say anything, but now i feel like i should say something.

i really don't know why this annoys you so much. i mean if you're not interested in any way of what is happening there then you should not worry about us speaking here, if you're interested instead, you should join FB without thinking so much about it.

ps: the updates are also on Fb if you're a friend or you click on the "I like" button on the band's page!

It's good to have FB groups and the such. It's just a social networking page.

I've been internet friendly since I literally first got the internet (having grown up on a small island in the middle of the Atlantic). And I've had FB since it launched, as my school was one of the first places outside of Harvard to be offered FB accounts. I'm not a huge fan of it, especially now that everyone has it. You'd be surprised the amount of trouble I've gotten into with people over FB..

At the same time, it's just a webpage. It's literally no different than myspace, except in format. The concept is the same. Hell, forums are not only not different, but in most cases are more primitive and focused versions of social networking sites.

I find the layout of Facebook easier to navigate. I also find it easier to keep track of who's who on Facebook which results in a much more personal experience. Ever since the Facebook group began I've felt like I have a much stronger sense of everybody's personalities! I still check in here everyday, but I agree with the sentiment that the album has been out for a month so conversation has cooled down a bit. This forum has always had busy/slow spells! I doubt it's gonna "die."

Like XD.

I can understand the ones who don't join Fb but like the forum format. Karps nailed it saying that Fb has made us 'closer' in a way that you have a better grasp of each persona, which is really cool IMO. I use more Fb than this forum lately not cause I like it more, just that, at work I can just see the page but not login (tons of sites are blocked and, since I use a proxy I just can read the page. In the other hand, I have in my BB the Fb app, so it's easier and faster to post there than opening the site on my cellphone and etx. Also, I'll get married soon, so I have little - if no - time to check anything.

@Elvina: the forum won't die. In all years I've been here, there has always been ups and downs.

i think all of this comics (exception made for the last one) can be applied to both fb and myspace, so i don't see why to bicker, since elvina has myspace too, as a lot of us.
i have opened my fb account really late, not for any ethic question, but because fb and myspace are more or less the same old story, but simply with different layouts/settings, and i didn't want to lose too much time following both of them, having the same friends on both and discussing the same things on both.
but myspace is as superficial as fb, so i don't see much difference.
then myspace exploded and fb seemed the only option for me to keep in touch with some people who live far from here. but at the beginning my choice between fb and myspace was only motivated by a more freedom you have with myspace in customizing the page, adding a nice background picture, some more profile photos, video and songs, i felt it to be more personal....

Yeah, completely agree. The drawings were incredibly biased, I actually use FB not only to write my traditional おたんよう日おめでとうっっっ (Happy b-day!) post, but to have interesting discussions about politics, movies, society and linguistics. Through FB I teach people how to improve their English (Lefay and Lupps :)) and their Spanish, and I really enjoy that, mostly because I feel that it has an impact on real life. I'm actually the mod of a translation site on FB, in which I post interesting links related to the subject at hand.

@ lefay >>

If you hate FB so much, why even bother to subscribe to this thread?

It's good to have FB groups and the such. It's just a social networking page.

I've been internet friendly since I literally first got the internet (having grown up on a small island in the middle of the Atlantic). And I've had FB since it launched, as my school was one of the first places outside of Harvard to be offered FB accounts. I'm not a huge fan of it, especially now that everyone has it. You'd be surprised the amount of trouble I've gotten into with people over FB..

At the same time, it's just a webpage. It's literally no different than myspace, except in format. The concept is the same. Hell, forums are not only not different, but in most cases are more primitive and focused versions of social networking sites.

Hear hear! Poor mySpace, nobody cares about it "no more". Well, only Andreas Hedlund, since he still has a my_______ site :p .

BTW: I really like Facebook. I mean, there are ups and downs, but I've been on for a really long time (since 2004 now) and I've always thought it was the best. I liked it in the beginning because it was limited, so there was none of the stupid friend spamming kind of bullshit that you got on MySpace. Now I like it because of the organization, the layout, my friends and family are on there and I can filter out the bullshit that I don't want. The Angry Metal Guy Facebook page has been awesome a great way to interact with fans beyond the blog and it's a blast. So, as far as I'm concerned Facebook is total win.

That said: whatever, if someone doesn't want to join, there's no need to convince them to join. It's just a fucking social networking site, who gives a shit, right?

I still think the main focus should be on the forum. You have better overview on the threads and there are many recurring( if you can say that) threads.

I don't understand why facebook brings people closer as opposed to the forum. Somebody mentioned the like button :lol: Maybe more pictures of people also and their real names. And you get an e-mail when people reply to your posts. Is that it?