New Fan!

Humidfume

Hey what's up ladies and gents? I heard Evile's cover of Cemetery Gates and thought that it was shit hot, really kicked some ass. So I checked out Evile on youtube and heard Thrasher.. completely blew me away, I wasn't even aware that the band was this good.

I heard of you guys a few years ago from my girlfriend's brother, and because of his insane taste of power metal music, I ignorantly assumed that Evile would be power metal, as he doesn't even like Thrash hahaha..

So upon hearing the cover, I still assumed that they could be power metal, I left a comment asking how the hell did Ol make the squeals last as long as Dime and the man himself replied to me.. just shows how down to earth they really are..

so I then went and listened to Thrasher after a brief chat with Ol and loved every second of it, watched some band interviews (I can't listen to bands that are full of assholes..I feel like I have to like the people too if that makes sense?) and they seemed like really humble guys.. and best of all they act British.. how sickening it is to me how bands like Bullet are Welsh.. yet act American for no good reason.. some people actually think they ARE American..

So anyway, after talking to Ol, watching band interviews, I Amazon Primed Enter The Grave, and holy shit.. only listened through it once.. on the second as we speak.. and I must say guys.. good fucking job. To find your feet in a time of trends like this.. Me n my drummer are struggling to find a singer.. and we we're beginning to feel like after Slayer die who the fuck will carry on?

You guys are to Slayer what Airbourne are to AC/DC.. which is damn fantastic imo.

but yeah I just watched the bonus DVD and read all the diary posts.. I always found it funny how the diaries are posted latest to oldest so you end up reading em backwards hahaha..

I then looked at your dates and saw the THEKLA!! I played there in a band once and it was killer.. big assed Al n Heath desk there last year!

I'm yet to check out the new album as I've only just got this one.. but fuckin killer job and see you at the THEKLA sporting a new Evile shirt.. I'll buy it when I'm there so I know you guys get the money.. I'll get you all a pint or some shit too if you hang about, will be killer to talk to some fella's (and fans) into real music in this day and age :D

so yeah sorry about the long post, but if anyone reads it all, it's far from wasted hahaha!

I hope you all, fans and friends, family and bands all have a killer christmas.. Im sat here after pulling an all nighter watching and listening to Evile whie sneezing every 4 seconds (litterally).. as Im at my girlfriends and Im allergic to dogs... fantastic choice to stay at xmas huh hahaha.. so you better read it,, it took me 5 times longer than it should... every 5 words, I sneeze, my headphones fall off, I have to clean my fingers of snot and start again..

anyway, ramble over!

Kick it up all, let's have a ball!

A BALL OF STEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLL :D

Joe

Yes it's christmas morning and i'm posting on the forum....

Mate i can't apologise enough that you like evile, i'm sorry your ears have been subjected to our noise :)

Very cool of you to write a story of how you found us, maybe you'll start a trend of everyone doing that now, but i'm glad you've found evile! Through Pantera! Welcome to a growing heavy metal family.

See you in Bristol sire.

Welcome to the forum Joe,

I hope you are feeling better after your sneezing fits and can catch up on the parts you missed because you sneezed

So upon hearing the cover, I still assumed that they could be power metal, I left a comment asking how the hell did Ol make the squeals last as long as Dime and the man himself replied to me.. just shows how down to earth they really are..

so I then went and listened to Thrasher after a brief chat with Ol and loved every second of it, watched some band interviews (I can't listen to bands that are full of assholes..I feel like I have to like the people too if that makes sense?) and they seemed like really humble guys.. and best of all they act British.. how sickening it is to me how bands like Bullet are Welsh.. yet act American for no good reason.. some people actually think they ARE American..

Joe

I thought I would highlight this as this is one of the reasons why we all LOVE Evile, you may have noticed that Matt has already made a post in this topic and Ol also comes here and post on occasions, again we love them for this.

The real reason I love Evile is because they made me fall in love again with Thrash Metal after years and years of sub standard releases by the so called established heay metal bands and nothing makes me happier, is seeing that I'm not the only one and I am sure the lads themselves are just happy to make people enjoy their music

usb-cute-fan.jpg

Why a thread about this?

Welcome to the forum bro! Nice story! I was quite amazed myself when I found out about Evile. Hadnt liked a band so much since I started listening to Megadeth.

Sorry I'm late, I've been away over xmas :D I dunno if the below quotes will work.. but fingers crossed...

chipmonkcheeks said:
- Welcome to the Forum
Have you heard Infected Nations yet?

Nah man, I'm only just getting through Enter The Grave.. I've heard one song though, the one where they are in a box with see-through walls.

evilematt said:
- Yes it's christmas morning and i'm posting on the forum....

Mate i can't apologise enough that you like evile, i'm sorry your ears have been subjected to our noise

Very cool of you to write a story of how you found us, maybe you'll start a trend of everyone doing that now, but i'm glad you've found evile! Through Pantera! Welcome to a growing heavy metal family.

See you in Bristol sire.

Thanks for reading man! cya there :D

Pablokers said:
- Welcome to the forum bro! Nice story! I was quite amazed myself when I found out about Evile. Hadnt liked a band so much since I started listening to Megadeth.

:D awesome man

keenan said:
- Welcome comrade!
Dave has cookies in his van if you want some!

I'll take him up on that soon!