New Fear Factory CD!

dmachine

New Metal Member
Apr 21, 2004
I just bought the new Fear Factory CD, it is the best thing they have done since De-manufacture. It is heavy as hell, I am here to spread the word! I have posted a link to the Fear Factory E-card, through this you can access the website, check out a few songs and the new video, it's a great CD, I have been waiting for this for a long time! Check it out, you will not be dissapointed! :hotjump:

http://ut.netmusicpromotions.com/wsg527682vvtr.html

It's okay to me. I still like Demanufacture and Obsolete better for some reason, maybe because they are better haha...At least they don't need Dino to write killer riffs. Digimortal had some killer stuff as well, but it was all abit tasteless after awhile.

I thought it was good... until halfway through the CD. Then it just became utterly forgettable, and I've listened to it maybe 3 times in total since I got it months ago. Just REALLY disappointed with it, I actually enjoyed Digimortal a lot more for the most part.

Barnolde said:
I thought it was good... until halfway through the CD.

That's what i'm saying. The first couple of tracks were alright, but it seems like after the fourth track or so, it just becomes bland and unmemorable. To tell you the truth, the only part of the album that has stuck with me after repeated listens has been the chorus in Slave Labor.

I think it's excellent. Better than Demanufacture IMO, which has too much filler. I still think Obsolete is their finest hour, though.

Chasm said:
That's what i'm saying. The first couple of tracks were alright, but it seems like after the fourth track or so, it just becomes bland and unmemorable. To tell you the truth, the only part of the album that has stuck with me after repeated listens has been the chorus in Slave Labor.

Slave Labor is a great start. I really liked Cyberwaste and Archetype. The 2nd half also seems too quiet and calm. It'd be better if they cut this CD in half and sold tracks 1 - 5 as an MCD. I also just noticed that the number of times I played each (iTunes) reflects how I feel:

Slave Labor - 3
Cyberwaste - 8
Act Of God - 3
Drones - 3
Archetype - 7
Tracks 6 - 13 = 1 time each

EDIT: I think Demanufacture and Obsolete are great, their best work.

Remenis said:
i will listen to this cd...even if ,in my opinion, F F died after "demanufacture"

Soul of a New Machine was great for the year it came out, and Demnufacture was where I had hoped they were going to go......theeennnnnnnnnnnnnn the production got a little too slick for me. Granted I love good production, but it just was to pretty sounding for that band....
Digimortal I filed as Nu Metal Crap. "Back The Fuck Up"? C'mon. Never Never Never let Burton or any death/black/industrial metal bands do hip-rock songs. Didn't they learn that from Front Line Assembly's "victim of a criminal"?

I heard a new cut. i miss Dino's guitar playing.