New Gear at NAMM 2015

In the interest of moar pics and since we've mentioned synths already I will probably pick up some of the new Teenage Engineering synths to fuck with at work when nobody is looking.
teenageengineeringPO.jpg

I'm picking up at least the PO-12 for sure! The Volca series didn't really do anything for me, these are way more my type.

I <3 the OP-1 quite a lot. Completely changed how I write music, it's just so damn inspiring. Just wish they did a firmware update to add crossfades into the tape looping, and it'd be even better.

Bretty good NAMM concerning synth stuff. Nothing really interesting to me on the guitar front, though the Kemper update is cool and I'm pretty sure I'll be getting one now.

Why no 25 ½ necks with evertune? They should offer it and evertune for their more expensive guitars. I was hoping more dev´s would release more guitars with evertune this year but nope.

no idea, but personally I don't have an issue with playing Drop B on a 24.75''.
And I don't need to go any lower than that, so I'm fine without 25.5 ^^

I'm picking up at least the PO-12 for sure! The Volca series didn't really do anything for me, these are way more my type.

I <3 the OP-1 quite a lot. Completely changed how I write music, it's just so damn inspiring. Just wish they did a firmware update to add crossfades into the tape looping, and it'd be even better.

Bretty good NAMM concerning synth stuff. Nothing really interesting to me on the guitar front, though the Kemper update is cool and I'm pretty sure I'll be getting one now.

Very good NAMM for synths! I still want to get a volcakeys but I may hold out for a used one on the bay. I think the pocket operators are kind of between the monotrons and the volcas in terms of functionality but with such a low price they will be a hit!

I was hoping more dev´s would release more guitars with evertune this year but nope.

+1 and I don't understand it.
Its 'revolution' is not spreading at all, still just VGS and LTD are available. Washburn Solars were announced in like 2013 but try to find a store in Europe that carries them...

+1 and I don't understand it.
Its 'revolution' is not spreading at all, still just VGS and LTD are available. Washburn Solars were announced in like 2013 but try to find a store in Europe that carries them...
I also wonder why it's not available in Europe. However I was curious about Mayones guitars and found this one:http://www.mayones.com/en/katalog/regius/mayones_regius_6_4Ever_Evertune_EN
Dont know if one must order it from Mayones(or the price). Didn't find it on any webshop or store.

- To confirm the slate things :

GET MONEY BACK FOR SUBSCRIBING
This just in.. get credit for your subscription so you can buy the plugins you like! After twelve months, get a $200 COUPON to use in the Slate store and get whatever you want! So that means after twelve months, you'll have spent $239. So now you'll get $200 of that RIGHT BACK!!!

- Waves not sure it was mentioned : Waves vocal strip, another one. Don't care about this, but why not : https://www.gearslutz.com/board/nam...e-signature-series-butch-vig-vocals-plug.html

- Apogee is releasing "groove" which is basically a 1-out DAC amp, with the sole purpose of driving your headphones. I'm totally getting one of these for when I am travelling and just want to mix/pré-mix on phones. I have been waiting for something like this for years : http://www.apogeedigital.com/products/groove
The Apogee guys said the team who designed this new circuitry are the same as the Duet/Ensemble etc guys so we can expect on-part with One/Duet, probably just a tiny bit below the Ensemble quality, when it comes to audio fidelity. So basically, it's the Duet output in your pocket. I am totally buying it soon.

- Arturia is releasing a Duet competitor (basically)
http://www.arturia.com/audiofuse/overview
I'm curious how it will compare. Arturia is a serious company, and apparently they worked a lot on their first audio interface.
EDIT : in fact it has way more functionalities. For starter, it has different outputs, it can basically serve as a whole studio interface, when only a couple INs are needed (I'm guessing, instrument recording) and where drum recording would already be made somewhere else. It has talkback, toggle switched, phones outputs with dedicated knobs, so it should be handy for any project studio with 2 sets of speakers maximum. If the drivers are stable and the sound quality is on par with the competitors, it could be awesome.

- Plugin Alliance MAAG EQ2 plugin
i know some are using this one, i don't have more details

- more synth gear pictures (a lot of stuff that didn't make the buzz but might interest outboard gear dudes : https://www.flickr.com/photos/psychlist1972/sets/72157650478574251/

- the waves DAW is there
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/nam...-unveils-multitrack-recorder-tracks-live.html
If it's stable, well coded, and only does simple recording, it could actually be a good idea for live-recording.

no idea, but personally I don't have an issue with playing Drop B on a 24.75''.
And I don't need to go any lower than that, so I'm fine without 25.5 ^^

To be honest, I used to think the same, and I just discovered 27-25.5 fanned fret scales and it does make a huge difference in clarity. The chords are just so clean and the strings aren't flubby !

To be honest, I used to think the same, and I just discovered 27-25.5 fanned fret scales and it does make a huge difference in clarity. The chords are just so clean and the strings aren't flubby !

Never try a fanned fret guitar, but I also do have a 25.1'' and a 25.5''.
Sure you need thicker strings on the 24.75'', but I don't mind that.

Tuning would be more stable with a longer scale, but meh.
Not enough of a bummer to not make me wanna use the 24.75''

So yeah, it's easier with a longer scale, but I don't mind.

FU is that wave thing ugly.

Yeah in between 24.5 or 25.5 I can't feel a huge difference. I felt it hugely with the 27 though, and the fanned fret, although weird at first, does bring a very good balance between low notes and high notes, and make it normal in the high strings, so basically every string is in a better sweet spot tonally wise. It might be the guitar itself, but playing simple chords, with the low B note, now make sense and sound beautifully full. This guitar is not my main one as it has some weird features and I can't see myself using it for soloing, but i understood more the interest of baritone guitars. I can't see myself using a baritone because I don't exclusively play low riffs, but the fanned frets does bring to the table more than I thought. If I had to design a guitar now I would make it fanned and would place the strings in a way that soloing is not affected, and where the low notes are the most affected by the fret displacement.

Apogee is releasing "groove" which is basically a 1-out DAC amp, with the sole purpose of driving your headphones. I'm totally getting one of these for when I am travelling and just want to mix/pré-mix on phones. I have been waiting for something like this for years : http://www.apogeedigital.com/products/groove
The Apogee guys said the team who designed this new circuitry are the same as the Duet/Ensemble etc guys so we can expect on-part with One/Duet, probably just a tiny bit below the Ensemble quality, when it comes to audio fidelity. So basically, it's the Duet output in your pocket. I am totally buying it soon.

This is really cool, and I'll probably get one too, as I work a lot on the go with high impedance cans. Pricewise it seems it'll be about the same as the old Apogee One is now. Which kind of makes me think whether it'd make more sense to grab one of those instead, as I'd really like one hi-z input as well... but I dunno, the iD22 isn't THAT big if I really want to record too.