New God Forbid EOTW Cover! (DFH, Revalver, Catharsis, TSS...)

acappa

Alex Cappa TMF Studios
Hey Hey! I´ve just finished a new sample for my brand new studio ( I need good samples to convince musicians to come to the studio) and this is a new sample, not to much work, so sorry for the mistakes, hope you enjoy it!
Any question, comment is welcome.
Weapons used:
GUITARS: LTD, TSS secret, Revalver, Voxengo EQ(Cavalera Conspiracy EQ), BBE, C4.
Drums: Kick and snare as always and the rest cymbals...DFH
Bass: 200$ sQUIER, TSS, Voxengo EQ (LOG Mr Campbell), VComp

End of the World Cover here:
www.soundclick.com/BLACKLISTSPAIN
And also the web from my studio (Sorry but all info is in spanish): www.myspace.com/LWSTUDIOS

Sounds okay, I'm guessing you just used the original intro. If not, then woah.

Nice for a cover, not fond of the drums at all really, and the guitars aren't tight. I prefer the sound of the other songs you've got :)

I would love to try that log bass curve eq dude , it seems like the voxengo eq is really effective when you try to " model " some tones .

Sounds very cool, i dig that God Forbid song by the way.

My 2 cents :

-i love that kick
-snare is cool but doesn't fit with that kick/mix IMO. Maybe it's just a pitch issue i don't know.
-guitars are a tad messy sounding (i don't know if it's a settings thing or a performance thing though)

I think I just used to much gain on guitars, thats why they sound that way...but listening to the raw tracks and comparing them with postEQ, C4...wouuu! Almost every single vulgar track may turn to something decent/average and well sounding, and only using two Eqs....another thing I realized in revalver tone, mainly in 6505 is the brutal enhancement that occurs when you make a cut in
500 Hz, with a not to narrow Q, they fit much more with kick and bass.
The last thing I want to share with you, may be it´s not a revelation for you but...playing this song in my rehearsal room you have something you cannot emulate in home studio with revalver: speaker movement, that air...I can´t reach it with convolution.
Thats all dudes, for those who want presets search in my posts, I have already uploaded them.

Where can I find kick and snare samples? I've been searching for behindert's samples but I haven't found it.

And also: what about post-processing on drums? Can you post screenshots of comp, eq settings?

Thanks a lot for the screenshots!

Some other questions:

1) You don't use Voxengo EQ (LOG Mr. Campbell) on bass, isn't it? I see an Ampeg 8x10 impulse.
2) What's the comp plug-in in drum master bus? How do you set Voxengo's curve in it?
3) Can you post exactly the chain of plug-ins in each channel?
4) Maybe you accindetally forgot snare screenshot? Can you post it please?

1) You are right, I forgot to put voxengo in it, I thounght so cause I drag it from Inflikted cover, but I missed it
2) It´s TC Electronic Comp-Desser. Voxengo is in preset Max Loudness I guess
3) Too much work man! You can see bass and toms chain, ask me if you´re interesent in another one
4) Snare is Oxford Dynamics with comp and exp, I started from Snare preset and the modified, as far as it´s working with a snare sample, I dont like too much compression, 4:1 and 20ms attack, that´s all, Rbass with lows in 150 Hz and ReQ cutting some mids

Byeeez!