New Gojira

No idea what that baseball reference means.

Love the monkey, cock, though.

Also ready to rock my balls off to this new record. Fuck. Yes.
A no-hitter means one team didn't allow a single hit by the other team. This is extremely rare in baseball, usually only happens once or twice a season throughout the entire league, if that.

When a pitcher is throwing a no-hitter, it's common practice by everyone on the team to not mention it at all, in the case you may jinx it. Usually when a pitcher takes a no-hitter into the 6th or 7th inning, his teammates won't even acknowledge his presence in the dugout, he is left to his own devices, sitting alone at the end of the bench. Of course, if he pulls it off, the team erupts and celebrates like they just won the World Series.

The reference is to not say the new album is the first on RR to not suck, because you don't want to jinx it before hearing the whole thing, though realisitically I'm not that worried about it :)

A no-hitter means one team didn't allow a single hit by the other team. This is extremely rare in baseball, usually only happens once or twice a season throughout the entire league, if that.

When a pitcher is throwing a no-hitter, it's common practice by everyone on the team to not mention it at all, in the case you may jinx it. Usually when a pitcher takes a no-hitter into the 6th or 7th inning, his teammates won't even acknowledge his presence in the dugout, he is left to his own devices, sitting alone at the end of the bench. Of course, if he pulls it off, the team erupts and celebrates like they just won the World Series.

The reference is to not say the new album is the first on RR to not suck, because you don't want to jinx it before hearing the whole thing, though realisitically I'm not that worried about it :)

Ah ha. I actually know about that. Just the name didn't ring any bells.

Also want to apologise for my terrible use of commas. Too many commas around monkey cock.

The album is definitely great. It's exactly what they said it would be. It is more melodic, but still very massive.

Sometimes you feel like you've heard the riff before, but that's to be expected since the band has cemented a sound that is all their own, but at times some of them sound forced like "the people expect a pick scrape here, let's give it to them."

Probably won't end up liking it as much as the last two, but it's still amazing and I'm sure it's going to continue to grow on me. Went running with it twice this weekend for a total of 15 kms and it didn't let me down.

7kSrD.gif

Yes, most likely the album of the year. That of course depends if you are more of a Gojira fan than of Meshuggah (Koloss is one of their best albums in my opinion). What I love about Gojira is that they will include parts in songs that are traditionally not considered metal, like major chords and melodies, but they balance it out so perfectly without being brutal all the time (unlike a band like Cannibal Corpse). Great album, and I look forward to reading the lyrics. Its nice for a metal band to care about the quality of their lyrics for a change.