New Gorgoroth, Arch Enemy, and Dimmu Borgir leaked...

Jun 5, 2003
www.livejournal.com
Yep.

The Gorgoroth was interesting: They've definately separated themselves considerably from the kvlt black metal sound, but it was definately an interesting listen.

The Arch Enemy was... shit, as expected, sadly. I was a huge fan of 'Wages of Sin,' but this is just boring and forced. Angela sounds like Dani Filth with balls, the music is unimaginative, and the occasional use of synth is terrible. I'd say avoid like the plague, but I know few of you will.

I reserve judgment on the Dimmu: I'm not a fan, and I'm waiting for this album to finish downloading.

I have finished downloading 2 of the new dimmu songs. Im halfway throuhg listening to the first one of the two, musically, its very symphonic (which i like in dimmu borgirs stuff, they do an excellent job with it). There are more effects on the vocals than the previous album, but it sounds good, so i really cant complain there. Once again Vortex's clean vocals find their way onto it, also good. Nick seems to be playing slightly slower than the last album, so now instead of rediculously fast, its now just moderately fast during the blast beats and bass rolls. From what ive heard, if the rest of the album is like this, then if you liked the last album, youll like this one too.

I love Vortex's vocals! :cry:
And how is the drum sound of the new Dimmu album?
Same super-triggered, talent-full but too-proccessed sound?

Yup the drum tone is exactly the same, so they probably recorded everything the same way. I just finished listening to the whole thing, its a lot more symphonic, like a lot, but i think its awesome. Ill be buying it the day it comes out (if i can find it without having to drive 40 miles).

Vortex is only on the new Dimmu in two songs ("Progenies of the Great Apocalypse" and "Allehelgens Dod i Helveds Rike") which is unfortunate. however, the orchestra is absolutely awesome, and the songs are well-written.

Well, I've heard the whole Dimmu Borgir album now.. Unmixed promo version, though. What can I say? It's probably their best work to date! The first track I listened to, "Eradication Instincts Defined", totally blew me away. The two minutes of wonderful orchestra music at the start gave me the goosebumps. Wonderful, epic song, 8:39 in length. One thing that I notice is how great the orchestra fits into Dimmu's music, even trumpets are making an apperance on this record, and it doesn't sound stupid. "Vredesbyrd" is a song that reminds me of the "Enthrone Darkness Triumphant" era, and perhaps also Old Man's Child's latest album. Great stuff. "Allegiance" is another winner, a hyperfast but melodious song. "Progenies Of The Great Apocalypse" is one of the few songs featuring those godlike vocals from Vortex.

Beware all haters of classical influences in black metal: The orchestra is playing a very important role in the songs!

The Arch Enemy was... shit, as expected, sadly. I was a huge fan of 'Wages of Sin,' but this is just boring and forced. Angela sounds like Dani Filth with balls, the music is unimaginative, and the occasional use of synth is terrible. I'd say avoid like the plague, but I know few of you will.
my arse :p