New Guitar Suggestions

jauernis

Feb 11, 2007
Frisco, CA
www.myspace.com
I have been using a jackson slmsg with emg 81 for the past two years and just borrowed a prs ce 22!! I am in love with this guitar..I feel like it has punch, clarity, life while my jackson is muddy, dark, and undefined. I am on the prowl for one of these but if you guys have any other suggestions to try at guitar center before I pick one of these up. I would like to stay with the passives like on the prs.

Hmm, the SLSMG is supposed to be a sweet guitar, and I'm amazed you think it's "muddy, dark, and undefined" with an EMG 81 in it! (easily the least muddy, dark, and undefined pickup I've ever used :D) PRS's are expensive beasts though dude, maybe check out an ESP Standard with passives for something built just as well but at a more reasonable price!

Hey, don't sell yourself short man, I dig what you've posted! (I checked out briefly that song Ongel mixed, I'll listen to it again in more detail and leave comments, but I liked it!) And I can't believe I forgot this, but check out the Ibanez Prestige RGA321F - I absolutely ADORE mine, and it comes stock with passives (though I of course threw EMG's in there :D) The only thing that bothered me about it was that stock, the bridge was too low to the body (coming from a Tune-o-matic bridge, it cramped my style), but I had a tech put a thin shim of wood in the neck joint to raise it so the bridge could be raised too, and now it plays PERFECTLY, ugghhh, I love it!

That would be awesome if you could give us feedback on the song!!:headbang:

I posted a quick clip with the prs ...(same radial jdi into a great river into fireface)

PRS http://www.sendspace.com/file/r5bi70 (30 second clip)(sloppy playing wanted to just see the difference)

Jackson (the actual song DI's that have been up for reamping)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ci2smm

If anyone can let me know if they hear the difference or I'm :Smokin:

Try passives, I find my slsmg with a sh6 to be to middy and high (I doubt the flametop would change it that much). Also, the SLS3 is made of different woods but would retain the killer playability that these things have. Haven't played anything like it!

Marcus for those Di's moonlapse has been working with is that the ESP LTD EC-400 or the Ibanez? And Im going to jump on a Little Labs Redeye tomorrow give it a test run and compare to my JDI.

Fuck I miss my 24 & 22. Really need to save up for another one! FWIW I loved the DragonII's in my 22 when I had it.

~006

Marcus for those Di's moonlapse has been working with is that the ESP LTD EC-400 or the Ibanez? And Im going to jump on a Little Labs Redeye tomorrow give it a test run and compare to my JDI.

That was the Ibanez :) And I'll be really interested to hear your thoughts upon comparing the two! :headbang:

My SLSMG and SLS3 are my two favorite guitars.. try an EMG 85 in the bridge instead, or better yet, a Bareknuckle of some kind. My SLS3 with Cold Sweats is bright but has just the right amount of bass to give it a really powerful chug but with a lot of articulation too. Going from a mahogany Jackson with an ebony board to a mahogany PRS with a shorter scale and a rosewood board doesn't make much sense.. you might as well just put the PRS Dragon pickups in your Jackson.