New guitar

Grimes

Torment Christian Souls
Oct 31, 2005
Im thinking about getting a new guitar while I wait and save up for a RR1. I have a realllllly banged up shit guitar right now and it just sucks balls. B.C. Rich Bronze Series mocking bird. Yeah. Sucks in the first place. Well Im looking for something in the range of 350-550$. Any suggestions?

yea loomis uses it too. jackson is decent but they get waaay better towards custome ordered stuff. ESP has some decent guitars too. wat you gotta do is go to s shop play around with some axes and come up with somethin in the price range you like

Jackson DXMG, Jackson KE3, Ibanez RG350DX/EX, Ibanez RG370DX these are the only ones that I can think of from the top of my head with 24 frets, fast necks, double locking trems and two humbuckers (ibanez' are HSH), I don't know if that's what you're looking for but there are plenty of decent guitars you can get for that price, just go to a major online store and just browse through, or try looking at used, you can get some pretty killer deals.

Yeah Im heading over to Guitarcenter in a couple of weeks to buy a halfstack so I'll find something I like. I was eyeing that Epiphone Explorer too, that would be nice.

i was playin a ESP explorer at a guitar shop in greenbay. it had an emg81/60 22 frets, really sick neck, and it was ivory. it sounded so fuckin beautiful. it was used for $425 almost bought it. but im savin up some other shit right now

I think Im going to go with the DXMG Dinky. Ive played one before and it is slick. Thanks for the suggestions.

I own a jackson DXMG and it is a great guitar, but took me awhile for me to get it setup to stay in tune and play how I liked it. The biggest downside to it for me is the licensed floyd instead of the real thing.

enjoi17 said:
I own a jackson DXMG and it is a great guitar, but took me awhile for me to get it setup to stay in tune and play how I liked it. The biggest downside to it for me is the licensed floyd instead of the real thing.
thats where the ibanez is a better choice, it may be a "licensed" floyd, but its an Edge Pro II, which still has a leg up on the licensed floyd like the DXMG has.

-Gavin- said:
Jackson JT580 >>>>>>> any other licensed trem.
bs. compared to even the origional Ibanez Edge tremelo its crap. the OFR is even crap compared to the origional Edge. and the LoPro Edge is even better than the edge. and the new Edge Pro is better than any floyd or licensed. look up the specs sometime, they have some design cues you won't find in any other licensed or real floyd. stuff like removeable knife edges, locking tremelo studs, the springs even lock to the counterweight on the tremelo, the whammy bar is a pop in bar instead of screw in, the saddles are improved, the base plate is much improved. there is no comparison. the Jackson JT580 is the exact same mold as the Ibanez LoTRS tremelo, and while the LoTRS isn't bad, its nothing to the edge.

when you're JT580 spawns removeable knife edges and a pop in bar, come talk to me.

Every ibeenhad trem i've tried has felt like the purest form of shit.

My OFR owns everything ever... but the JT580 is my favourite licensed.

Sure, they may not come with some specs that ibeenhads have... but in terms of stability, feel, comfort and build... (to me), JT580 owns anything other than the OFR and the schallers.

-Gavin- said:
Every ibeenhad trem i've tried has felt like the purest form of shit.

My OFR owns everything ever... but the JT580 is my favourite licensed.

Sure, they may not come with some specs that ibeenhads have... but in terms of stability, feel, comfort and build... (to me), JT580 owns anything other than the OFR and the schallers.
and in the real world, the Edge and LoPro Edge return to center every time. if the knife edges wear down on your OFR or JT580, what can you do? replace the whole damn trem. the ibanez edge or lo pro edge, 10 bux for new knife edges.