New Gus guitar

K.F.D

Heading For The Dawn
Feb 9, 2010
I managed to find another 200 for an awesome price...I dropped in some Gus Fire blackouts, added a kill switch and it sounds killer!!

Here are some pics to bore you with :p

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

Here is the Gus G part of my collection

axes-1.jpg

Lo, for an arsenal of most formidable Gus G weaponry, goodly K.F.D! May this knight voice a preference for ye crimson axe, be'Floyded, and brandishing a headstock reverse'eth'd!

This post now concludeth!

KFD you have a fucking nice collection. Is that your home? you have a nice bar!! :)
I collected guitars myself.......

.... until i took an arrow in the knee. ;)

Hahah. Thanks man. Ya that's the front of my bar...I built it a couple of years ago..

Very nice collelction K.F.D.! I have 2 Black 200's as well with some work done to them. I replaced the tuners to Gotoh locking, the bridges to Tonepros and pick ups to the Duncan Distortion (Mayhem Set) and in the case of one of the guitars, gold plated SD Blackouts (with all gold hardware to match). Looks like a Black Beauty. I will post some pix soon! I also have 2 ESP NT's. one with EMG 81/85's (soon to be replaced by the Gus Fire Blackouts set) and one all stock except that it has an un-finished neck.

How do like the Gus Fire Blackouts?!

Best regards,

MJM

Very nice collelction K.F.D.! I have 2 Black 200's as well with some work done to them. I replaced the tuners to Gotoh locking, the bridges to Tonepros and pick ups to the Duncan Distortion (Mayhem Set) and in the case of one of the guitars, gold plated SD Blackouts (with all gold hardware to match). Looks like a Black Beauty. I will post some pix soon! I also have 2 ESP NT's. one with EMG 81/85's (soon to be replaced by the Gus Fire Blackouts set) and one all stock except that it has an un-finished neck.

How do like the Gus Fire Blackouts?!

Best regards,

MJM

I love the Fire Blackouts. I find them very well balanced between the highs and lows, but not over the top mids so that you can't shape the sound. Great bottom end without being "woofy" and nice crisp highs without stabbing your eardrums. I like it that you can hear "the wood" of the instrument with these pickups. My 76 Les Paul Custom has been loaded with the 81/85 combo since 91 and I love the tone of that thing... It's more the guitar than the pickups in that case. I find active pickups to sound somewhat "electronic" depending on the guitar.

I like the Blackouts in the EC 600, and I was intending on putting the extra set that I have in the new 200, but being that they had been taken from another guitar, the leads weren't long enough, so after noticing the Fire blackouts in the display case, I grabbed them. So glad I did!!!

Not sure what I am going to do with them at this point.

My 600 NT was my fave of the bunch until I got this most recent 200 and now it's my fave. I actually think the tone of the basswood body is great with the Fire Blackouts. I love the way it feels and sounds.

That guitar is #12 for me.... So, I have to buy two next time around because I'm superstious about the number 13. The new 600 and 200 are on the way in the next few months.

Which NT's do you have mjm ? I'm assuming they aren't Gus sigs since you mention the unfinished neck?

Nice house amazing guitar collection, dude YOU have THE dream of everybody

Thanks man!!

I think the dream of everybody would be to have all of those guitars in ESP versions...That's A LOT of cash though!!!!

I love the Fire Blackouts. I find them very well balanced between the highs and lows, but not over the top mids so that you can't shape the sound. Great bottom end without being "woofy" and nice crisp highs without stabbing your eardrums. I like it that you can hear "the wood" of the instrument with these pickups. My 76 Les Paul Custom has been loaded with the 81/85 combo since 91 and I love the tone of that thing... It's more the guitar than the pickups in that case. I find active pickups to sound somewhat "electronic" depending on the guitar.

I like the Blackouts in the EC 600, and I was intending on putting the extra set that I have in the new 200, but being that they had been taken from another guitar, the leads weren't long enough, so after noticing the Fire blackouts in the display case, I grabbed them. So glad I did!!!

Not sure what I am going to do with them at this point.

My 600 NT was my fave of the bunch until I got this most recent 200 and now it's my fave. I actually think the tone of the basswood body is great with the Fire Blackouts. I love the way it feels and sounds.

That guitar is #12 for me.... So, I have to buy two next time around because I'm superstious about the number 13. The new 600 and 200 are on the way in the next few months.

Which NT's do you have mjm ? I'm assuming they aren't Gus sigs since you mention the unfinished neck?

Actually, the NT's are both Gus G. Sigs in STBC. It's just that one of them has an unfinished neck! That was a surprise to me as well! I asked Gus about it and he said that a few were made (by mistake?) and so I am guessing (and hoping) that they are a bit rare! There are some videos I have seen (namely the one where he jams with Uli Jon Roth in 2008) that you can tell he is playing a sig with an unfinished neck.

Here is a link to some pix. Enjoy! http://www.flickr.com/photos/70789243@N05/sets/72157628854279589/

MJM

Actually, the NT's are both Gus G. Sigs in STBC. It's just that one of them has an unfinished neck! That was a surprise to me as well! I asked Gus about it and he said that a few were made (by mistake?) and so I am guessing (and hoping) that they are a bit rare! There are some videos I have seen (namely the one where he jams with Uli Jon Roth in 2008) that you can tell he is playing a sig with an unfinished neck.

Here is a link to some pix. Enjoy! http://www.flickr.com/photos/70789243@N05/sets/72157628854279589/

MJM

That's. Really cool man. I never heard about the unfinished neck ! (Obviously). Definately rare. If I had ordered one and it came with an infinished neck, I probably would have sent it back not knowing it wasn't an error!
Good find!

That's. Really cool man. I never heard about the unfinished neck ! (Obviously). Definately rare. If I had ordered one and it came with an infinished neck, I probably would have sent it back not knowing it wasn't an error!
Good find!

Thanks man. Definetley a keeper!

BTW, here is a link to YouTube and the video with Gus jamming with Uli Jon Roth (actually, not 2008 but NAMM 2010). Enjoy!

MJM

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks man. Definetley a keeper!

BTW, here is a link to YouTube and the video with Gus jamming with Uli Jon Roth (actually, not 2008 but NAMM 2010). Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPO-sIz7XQI

MJM

Update:

I have added some pix of my LTD 200, with the upgraded Gold hardware, making it a "Black Beauty". It has Gold plated SD Blackouts, Gold Gotoh Tuners and a Gold Tonepros bridge.

Check them out here >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/70789243@N05/sets/72157628854279589/

Enjoy!

:headbang:

MJM

:OMG: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big Gongrats...........

Thanks Nansy! I am going to have some awesome Firewind memorabilia in the next couple of weeks... I will be posting pics! I'm really excited!

Thanks Nansy! I am going to have some awesome Firewind memorabilia in the next couple of weeks... I will be posting pics! I'm really excited!

:headbang: Yes you must me really excited !!!

I must say that i was very very lucky because one month before Athens show i had this awsome signature card from Gus with Guitar pics and Guitar strings...

aewqi1.jpg

fbvnso.jpg

ok MY MOBILE CAM REALLY S U C K S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Must get a digital right away!!!!!!!!!

:headbang: Yes you must me really excited !!!

I must say that i was very very lucky because one month before Athens show i had this awsome signature card from Gus with Guitar pics and Guitar strings...

aewqi1.jpg

fbvnso.jpg

ok MY MOBILE CAM REALLY S U C K S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Must get a digital right away!!!!!!!!!

I can't fit all of my Firewind/Gus stuff in one photo. When my Firewind room is done, I will post pics.