New guy with a question

guitarist1993

New Metal Member
Jun 3, 2009
Hey, guys, new here. For the guitar players, does anyone know what pickups Alexi is using now? I know he's got a signature EMG passive pup, but I've heard he uses the Seymour Duncan Blackouts now. Can somebody help with this?

I'm not really a guitarist but hope this helps

Alexi Laiho: My signature pickup that's coming out from EMG, it's like the one that I used to play before I was with ESP. They have this weird kind of setup going on, which is like a passive Humbucker with a gain boost built ' inside the guitar. So that means that if you crank up the gain, you would get four times as much output. My ESP signature model only has one pickup in there 'cause I just came to the conclusion that I don't need the other ones. I really don't. I like the mean treble sound. I play metal and that's what you need. One thing that I always hated about the neck pickup, some players can really actually use it right, but there are a lot of dudes out there who would like, when they try to play fast, they just put on a crapload of echo, switch on the neck pickup and just do a bunch of...

No actually it didn't answer your question.

But I will: Don't copy Alexi! :D

Just for the record, I got into COB a long time ago, and I only joined the forum recently. So enough fanyboy and guitar queero comments. I don't give a fuck about that damn game, and COB being in it has NOTHING to do with why I joined. I joined 'cause I like the music they write, and I hoped to pose a serious question to some people who like the same music as me. Thank you.

Just for the record, I got into COB a long time ago, and I only joined the forum recently. So enough fanyboy and guitar queero comments. I don't give a fuck about that damn game, and COB being in it has NOTHING to do with why I joined. I joined 'cause I like the music they write, and I hoped to pose a serious question to some people who like the same music as me. Thank you.

Woah! I didn't attack you! It was just supposed to be a joke haha...you know how DF has become popular after GHIII...

Woah! I didn't attack you! It was just supposed to be a joke haha...you know how DF has become popular after GHIII...

Haha, that's true. It would suck to see 10 year olds walking around in Hate Crew shirts saying, "Dude, I can play Follow the Reaper on expert!!":rolleyes:

Haha, that's true. It would suck to see 10 year olds walking around in Hate Crew shirts saying, "Dude, I can play Follow the Reaper on expert!!":rolleyes:

It's gonna happen for sure. Kids don't play outside at winter anymore as they all have a PS3 in the warmth of their home. They're sure as hell not gonna be using six hours of their day learning to play guitar, when they can do it straight away with the game.

What long time ago means? Two months?

I first listened CoB when I got their second demo. I think it was about '96 or something.

And why do u think that texas doesnt have big metal scene?Every god damn country on this world has a metal scene.You just have to dig it

About 3 years ago, so not as long as you, but then again, there's not a huge metal scene in Texas.

Hey where I live the metal scene doesnt really exist :lol: and even if there's not a lot of bands coming from texas, touring there is almost an obligation (and usually they tour in most than one city, well that's what I noticed).