New headphones....

Bought me a pair of these tonight. [note: I bought the HD570's] :D

Can't wait till they get here, and it'll be a BIG improvement over the crappy ones I'm using now! I've been working on The Clairvoyant lately and it really occured to me just how lousy my headphones are. Time for a change! :cool:

If anyone's interested, I got them at Amazon.com for 84$! A great price as they sell locally for 129.00$! :D

Gratz Steve,

You may remember about a year ago I bought some Sennheiser headphones as well? I bought the HD 495s. At the time, the 580 - the ones I wanted, were simply too expensive, and the 575 did not exist. The 495s were really close to the performance of the 580, but at a much cheaper price, and did not come with its own pre-amp, etc. The 580 had my model beat hands down in comfort though.

They are great headphones eh? I tried to tell everybody then what a huge freaking difference these headphones make. I trust them about 75% for my mixing duties.

Originally posted by rabies
Gratz Steve,

You may remember about a year ago I bought some Sennheiser headphones as well? I bought the HD 495s. At the time, the 580 - the ones I wanted, were simply too expensive, and the 575 did not exist. The 495s were really close to the performance of the 580, but at a much cheaper price, and did not come with its own pre-amp, etc. The 580 had my model beat hands down in comfort though.

They are great headphones eh? I tried to tell everybody then what a huge freaking difference these headphones make. I trust them about 75% for my mixing duties.

Yea Rabs, I do remember and the HD495's have a good reputation as all the Sennheiser products do. Senn just makes great stuff.

I also wanted the better ones, now called the HD590's, but they are almost double the price and just a bit too much to pay for. Not to mention that to really use them properly you need a good headphone amp to run them. So, I went with the cheaper 570s and I really don't mind because they still sound great and beat the crappy ones a was using before by a mile. $84 was a great price on them! :D

Really, I can't beleive that I didn't get better headphones earlier! They're every bit as essential to our recordings as strings on the guitar! ;)