New idea for this forum.

I think that there should be a subforum under the gear for sale for the people who need CUSTOM SERVICES (such as recording, editing, mixing, reamping, mastering etc)

^^^THIS^^^

The last thing I want is larger signatures - to many folks already have obnoxiously large signatures.

It's this new-found elitism that bothers me a lot more.

But this could maybe just be something about hormones of reaching the puberty....most guys going crazy must be around 17-19 and feeling like the new big deal because they got their first job offering or something like that....

Exactly. And I don't think we'll have to put names out there but I'm pretty sure we're having the same people in mind, especially one person.

^^^ This - I don't see any need for this type of shit. I don't offer nor ask for much advise but if i did offer it, it would be helpful not spiteful. Just my opinion - help if you can, STFU if you don't want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermz View Post
It's this new-found elitism that bothers me a lot more.
IMHO I think that many of the users that are now in their ways of being semi-pro engineers feel threatened by the (quite decent) works of absolute amateurs that have a couple of plugins and drum libraries. Problem is that instead of improving their skills, they focus on bitching, blaming “new technologies”, whatever it is to justify their frustrations.

Dead on the money. People like GuitarHack still reamp a TON of peoples shit on here for free, and he most definitely has one of the most professional guitar tones on this forum. I just dont understand how you all are trying to phase out people posting threads of tracks they want reamped, and trying to turn this into a stupid money bullshit elitist ego deal. This forum was created so people can practice mixing on different styles...different di's....different guitars....different amps...

I just honestly dont see what the huge problem is with the way things have been done posting threads just saying hey...heres some di's from a song I just did...whoever wants to reamp and post your mix of the song, go for it.

I just honestly dont see what the huge problem is with the way things have been done posting threads just saying hey...heres some di's from a song I just did...whoever wants to reamp and post your mix of the song, go for it.

am kinda with you...the only problem I see is that after all this is the "Andy Sneap" forum and not some "classified ads" thing.
I think it's cool to ask for reamping etc and everyone can decide for himself if he's doing it for free ot not.
the only thing that bothers me is that people post everything in the main forum.
offering reamping services or jobs has NOTHING to do with Sneap...it's still cool to have it here, but please don't post threads like that in the main forum.

my 2c

am kinda with you...the only problem I see is that after all this is the "Andy Sneap" forum and not some "classified ads" thing.
I think it's cool to ask for reamping etc and everyone can decide for himself if he's doing it for free ot not.
the only thing that bothers me is that people post everything in the main forum.
offering reamping services or jobs has NOTHING to do with Sneap...it's still cool to have it here, but please don't post threads like that in the main forum.

my 2c

Absolutely! It's the Andy Sneap forum and not gearslutz or another recording forum. I'm very happy Andy allowed all this sub forums with selling gear, which I find useful. But I often think we shouldn't ask for more. Maybe it would be good to focus more on Andy's work again

edit: btw this forum has turned to one of the biggest of the whole UM forums.

edit: btw this forum has turned to one of the biggest of the whole UM forums.

Exactly. I think in respect of that fact and that Andy has allowed to be so free and a great source of info we should be moulding the forum to accomodate members weho may one day provide great insight to many of us, instead of telling all new people that their business/ opinion/ mix is "not worth posting on this forum".