Should we make this forum more about Andy and production?

Here we go again :loco:

^ Just get yourself a forum if it bugs you that much.

Anyway back on topic. Even if you are perfectly happy with the current state of Andy's forum I'd still recommend that you head over and at least post in the "Introduce your studio" section: http://bandsandstudios.phpbb3now.com/viewforum.php?f=7 so people can hear your work and perhaps contact you.

well it was a non-issue and just a passing comment until it got made into something more. leaving it there now.

This is likely the only way it can survive. Granted, we really do need to work out a way to deny moochers who don't contribute anything. It's inevitable as a forum grows larger, and this is one place I'd hate to see cave in on itself.

In a conceited way I thought I'd learned most of everything there was to learn here, but C F H recently made my week with those Staub tips. It seems no matter where you're at, or how much you think you've absorbed, someone is bound to come along and shake things up every now and then for you.

In my opinion the "Production Tips" area should be moved into the main forum (where this thread is) and not be a separate entity. That's the only way to save this place. Anything way off topic should be deleted. Anyone posting bullshit should be banned.

to be honest, i didnt even know who andy was BEFORE i joined this forum. :)

but with all th people helping each other, annd so many great talents,
i think this forum should go on as it is.

without this forum, i guess i would never have bands pay me for my work.
and im thankful for this. very very thankful.

I think the subforums have helped to clean up a lot of the mess that used to be out here in the main forum. That said, some of the main forum stuff still is OT, and some of the OT stuff should actually be out here. I'm sure the moderating job is difficult, and who really has the time to read every single thread? I know that I usually browse three sub-forums daily, and the rest on a weekly or semi-monthly basis. If I need help with checking a tone, or identifying a style, I know in which sub-forum to look (Prod Tips, AS albums). If I need a break from my work, I can head over to OT or RMM.

I think this forum has been a great support for my growth as a musician, and I know I've truly valued the input of many members past and present. More options, such as additional forums (see Shadow_Walker's aforementioned site), serve a great task of introducing more people to our extremely supportive community, and that can only be good (we've already been able to eliminate flamers with great success).

Cheers,
Richard

As long as this place doesn't turn into HC or RigTalk(yes, even RigTalk is starting to get bad), then I'm happy. So far so good. This is the only forum I've had any interest in over the years. Lots of learning here.

I just really wish UM would put the search function back the way it used to be, a lot less people would post useless questions.

STOP FIGHTING!!!!!!!!!!

CRYING_CHILD.jpg

I enjoy this forum much more than most others... I feel like I'm surrounded by extremely overly opinionated morons on forums like HC, and even sevenstring.org at times...

it actually is a bit awkward that 95% of the threads are not really about sneap, but thats fine, it makes sense to discuss other producers as most of sneap's techniques and approaches have already been discussed, even long-time members such as ermz can learn something new that way

i don't think sturgis needs his own forum, but there could be another subforum for the discussion of other producers or albums that weren't produced by sneap

anyway, this forum is great
i honestly think that the average sneapster can play guitar better than the average ultimate guitar forumer
the overall level & skill is just extremely high over here compared to other forums

of course there are trolls & stuff, but this doesn't bother me at all, lasse can take care of it
i think many people are a little over-concerned with those issues
do you really think veronicafalls can destroy andy sneap forum?

I love the sneap forum, it HAS to stay as it is :D But I like the look of your website dude, pretty cool man, I've started posting there now to get some shit going now!

Yeah, don't get me wrong, as I said: this was and still is THE best forum. I'm just trying to add to that by providing you guys with a place where you can make a topic about your studio or your reamping/editing/mixing/mastering/etc. business and be noticed. We just need to get it running and also get some bands in there as well. I think a dedicated site could be a better option than more general ones like Myspace.