Should we make this forum more about Andy and production?

This is likely the only way it can survive. Granted, we really do need to work out a way to deny moochers who don't contribute anything. It's inevitable as a forum grows larger, and this is one place I'd hate to see cave in on itself.

We arn't all bad! This comment bums me out, I am very new here, and very new to recording/mixing/production/DAWs, etc. I am "mooching" every last bit of information I can from the amazing people on this forum (yourself included), but I unfortunately have nothing to contribute. Every time I think I find something, or experiment on my own, I find out that 1000 people have done it before me. I hope to someday have something fantastic to contribute. :)

Can't Lasse or someone create a topic which includes Amps sims, Impulses, DFHS bla bla bla... And production section and equipment section can be about just that its suppose to be. But still intresting topics are created now and then, as Ermz wrote, that Randy Staub thread was gold :)

We've already been down that road, too many subforums would just make things needlessly complex and hard to navigate - if you don't like threads about those things, don't open them :) (and no, they don't hold any great interest to me either, so it's not like I'm an avid ampsim enthusiast getting defensive)

If you want to turn this forum into a semi-inactive one, go ahead and be my guest. I think this forum is great because of what it is and I respect Andy for letting the forum stay like this even though he doesn't have to. He could choose to close all this shit down and just keep one section open about himself and his work but then I'm guessing 90% of the people here would just leave.

I see this forum as "Andy's School of Music and Sound" and I think that's awesome. Would you rather see this forum being half-dead with only 10% of its member base (occasionally) logging in?