New Imperanon Songs

I think they wanna be known as something else as a Bodom copy i guess. But their new style sounds like another band... In Flames maybe...

Well not in flames, but some parts made me think of em... Sounds like a mix of many good bands. But its not awesome.

Ur right: Older stuff was better.

Am I the only one around who thinks this new stuff have so much potential? It's simply just more interesting than their debut album. Aleksi's voice and style is getting better. More versatile.

To me it took some time to get into these song because those were very different to what I was expecting. :)

It has the potential to degenerate further into that crappy "NWOAHM" sound. I certainly don't find open palm-muted chugga chugga breakdowns for verses interesting.

Forgive me if I'm more hostile toward that style of music than normal. I worked at Warped Tour on Sunday, so I hope you can understand.

I'm not to fond with the editing they used for the vocals. The harmonics are pretty good, it shows that they know what they are doing with the keys and strings.

Wow dead in the water sounds like norther a bit, what ever happened to the keys ! No good key parts, only a harmony sound :(

well they got a new picture, and it kinda goes along with their music...

Imperanon.jpg

they dont even really look like a metal band

yeah so am i, their fans are gonna lose alot of respect for them doing this, they shouldve kept their old style and i bet a record company would have found them eventually, instead they choose a shittier genre in hopes of being found faster imo.

Too bad cuz they had talent...

Well Teemu is good and he joined Wintersun. ^^
Time is gonna kickass I can tell u.

i really don't understand why you guys should badmouth imperanon for their appearences and stuff. is that really necessary? if you don't like their new stuff just say it and get over it. allmost all bands change between albums (shade empire is a very good example of that) and after the beating imperanon got for their stained-album i'm not supprised at all they changed a bit--> it would have been stupid not to. i happened to like the new stuff and i think the stained album contained a few boring songs. i'm really looking forward to their next release.

^true.

@shade.empire, all bands dont change between every album, alot of times they keep the same style because it works for them, like skyfire and the first 3 kalmah albums, and i dont think anybody here would get pissed if this new stuff was like their old stuff, Stained is one of my top melodic death metal cds, and they still have time to change if they dont get a record label with this stuff, and i am still looking foward to their new albums to see what its like.

average stalker said:
people don't get pissed when a band changes their sound. people get pissed when the new sound blows.

that goes without saying but like i said just say it and get over it.

and yes all bands don't change between albums but especially between albums 1 and 2 most bands changes attleast a little. an example of a band that never changes is children of bodom. they got boring after hatebreeder and i haven't liked them since. i'm listening right now on imperanon's new songs and they are really starting to grow on me=)

have you metalfans heard shade empire?