New impulses: Rivera K212, Fender Frontman 60B, and V30 "fixer" inside!

MF_Kitten

Cat lover/Baritone fetish
Oct 10, 2009
I spent the day reworking my impulses so they are all completely phase coherent, and I've created a "correction" impulse response for V30 speakers.

I'm really excited, as I've wanted to do this for a long time! These are the impulses I use myself all the time for everything I record, and I get my favourite sounds from them!

You can download it for free, but if you give me a donation I will be a very happy person, and it'll help me work on creating MORE impulses! I want to create reverbs and more interesting kinds of impulses too!

Download link and detailed information:
https://fjeldaudio.wordpress.com/2015/09/21/pay-what-you-want-guitar-and-bass-impulses-mf_kab-3-0/

okay, so bassically it smoothens out the frequency curve of V30 speakers. If you check out V30 speaker graphs, you'll see that there are certain narrow peaks and dips all over the place. This correction filter simply lowers the peaks and raises the dips, and generally smoothens out the response of the speaker. I looked at a lot of impulse response sweeps from measurement mics from tons of v30 cabs to look for the repeat offenders, so rather than correct the sound of a V30 in ONE cab, it's a correction of how V30's sound in general.

Try it out and you'll see what it does. I find that it's the kind of correction that a lot of people do with EQ, except A LOT more complex and detailed, since it's so granular, and since it's the kind of thing that's hard to find just using your ears.

I used free software to do all this, called REW (Room EQ Wizard). Great software, and you should all check it out!

because it's an EQ, it doesn't really matter. As long as it happens after any overdrive/distortion/saturation. So after amp simulation. You can use it through a real V30 cab and get the benefits of it there too, since it's not a correction of a specific cab or a specific mic! As long as it isn't subjected to power amp distortion, it'll work fine! :)