New interface time

Revson

Sep 22, 2010
Orlando, FL
www.villainproductions.com
I just sold off my RME Fireface 800 as I'm trying to downsize my rig. I only need a couple inputs, a headphone jack or two, single monitor outputs, and a couple line outputs for a headphone amp or for reamping.

I've been looking at the Audient id22 and the SPL Crimson as my top o' the line choices, but they're gonna eat up most of the money from the FF800 sale. I'd like that not to happen as I'm moving soon and could use that money elsewhere. I don't want to significantly downgrade the sound quality either, so I'm in a bit of a pickle.

Other than the Audient and SPL, does anyone have any recommendations? Oh, and I'm running on Windows 7.

I just recently heard a comparison between a Metric Halo ULN2 and the SPL Crimson and imo the SPL sounded a lot better. Another great choice would be the Steinberg UR44.

I use ff800 and also have a profire 610, it's not that bad actually. I obviously like the rme better but mostly for total mix etc. the sound quality is very close. You can find a profire for not much. I got mine for 250 it was a display model. It's not amazing but it's a super cheap option.

I just recently heard a comparison between a Metric Halo ULN2 and the SPL Crimson and imo the SPL sounded a lot better. Another great choice would be the Steinberg UR44.

I heard that comparison, too. Very impressive for how much the SPL costs. I looked at the UR44 yesterday and actually found it's brother, the UR28m. It's got the same form factor as the SPL and Audient, but it appears to be a step below in sound quality and can be found for less than $300 in the used market. So far I'm really leaning in it's direction.

I use ff800 and also have a profire 610, it's not that bad actually. I obviously like the rme better but mostly for total mix etc. the sound quality is very close. You can find a profire for not much. I got mine for 250 it was a display model. It's not amazing but it's a super cheap option.

That's not a bad option, either. Firewire does turn me off though. My firewire card interferes with the wireless internet buss in the computer, so if I forget to deactivate the wireless before I open the DAW all I get is clicks and pops and then everything basically locks up.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys