New interview with Varg Vikernes online

Agreed, good interview. He comes accross as very coherent and intelligent, and makes some interesting points about european culture, the war on terrorism and black metal. I don't quite understand his distaste for modern metal, but then again I've never quite understood racism in general though. Hard to imagine him living on a farm though, he must have matured by a factor of a thousand!

Guardian of Darkness said:
There's hardly any 'kookyness' in that review actually, my opinion of him is somewhat heightened.

Yes, he actually had some really good points, and seemed like a generally good guy. He might have used to make great black metal, but fucking god, he had no opinion outside of his shitty ideology, so this is a refreshment.

Great, now begins the new trend of Varg support after years of 'Haha, that crazy old Varg, what will he say next!?'

For the record, I never turned tail on the guy. All great minds are unstable, and the enlightened are prone to saying things none of us can understand. Hail a near-forgotten genius.

Good interview, and an interesting, thought-provoking read. I think his generalisation of the muslimisation of Europe as some big conspiracy is a bit of a joke, although I suppose it's easy to convince oneself of it.

The Grimace said:
All great minds are unstable, and the enlightened are prone to saying things none of us can understand. Hail a near-forgotten genius.

I would say however that while obviously an intelligent and thoughtful bloke, he hardly deserves (or seemingly wants) this aura of being the great high prophet/philosopher.

Well I never exactly agreed with the whole Varg is a complete and utter idiot deal everyone seems to be on, he just seemed to have trouble cleaning up and lining up all his ideas. He seems to have his shit more straight now, though his ideas on Ayrans coming from Anartica or whatever are faulty at best...

He does seem to be getting it together now. But I want to know how he thinks he is getting out in 2006!!!! I know I read he was sentenced to over twenty years. What, will he be up for parole after his wonderful behavior?

Ockham said:
Norway's legal system is ridiculous, it wouldn't surprise me.

That's what I've heard, also in relation to Varg being on a "weekend break." I still don't understand that concept. But I'm not here to criticize....I live in the US.

In Sweden, at least, a sentence usually means 50-75% of what it originally was for different reasons, plus there is no addition to the length of the sentence after an escape.

High On Maiden said:
Good interview, and an interesting, thought-provoking read. I think his generalisation of the muslimisation of Europe as some big conspiracy is a bit of a joke, although I suppose it's easy to convince oneself of it.

Can't say I disagree with his views on Muslims in Europe. There are exceptions to everything, but overall he is spot on.

The Grimace said:
All great minds are unstable, and the enlightened are prone to saying things none of us can understand. Hail a near-forgotten genius.

* struggles to remember at what point Varg said anything "great", "profound", or "original."*