Varg Vikernes

I don't know what country humus666 is from, but using the "N" word in the U.S. will practically get you thrown in prison. People sound very ignorant when they use that word like humus666 just did.

Originally posted by npearce
I don't know what country humus666 is from, but using the "N" word in the U.S. will practically get you thrown in prison. People sound very ignorant when they use that word like humus666 just did.

Not to belabor the point, but humus666 is making a career of ignorance. :rolleyes:

I've heard Varg comes out in 2004. I asked Necrobutcher (of Mayhem) at last years Roskilde Festival what they would do when he came out (as I suspected them to be pissed off), and he surprisingly said that they may do a reunion song, as it's Mayhem's 20th anniversary in 2004!!!!

Originally posted by npearce

Yeah well, you should know what I think about your country.
Anyway, I just kind of quoted the stuff I read, and they used my pals. English isn't my main language, so I thought my pals was a widely accepted word. My faulth.
Anyway markgugs you really are laughable.

Originally posted by humus666

Yeah well, you should know what I think about your country.
Anyway, I just kind of quoted the stuff I read, and they used my pals. English isn't my main language, so I thought my pals was a widely accepted word. My faulth.
Anyway markgugs you really are laughable.

Agreed.

He didn't use it in an overtly abusive way, and apparantly, he wasn't well aware of what it means in the US.

Anyway, its just a fucking word: I don't care what it means or what its implications are. People are too easily offended.

FACT: People can be offended by anything.

Yet, 'my pals' is held in lower regard than words like 'spic' or 'chink'...

The fact of the matter is, racism is everywhere, and is something I look down on. You won't catch me calling random people 'my pals' or the like, because I don't believe in that. However, to practically 'ban' a word from use because it has the potential to offend people is absurd and facist.

Fair enough response, and agreed. People are far too easily offended. I just tend to not use 'ethnic/racial' slurs at all. People, regardless of skin color or ethnic background are either assholes or not assholes.

I'm not calling for a ban on the word, but you sure as fuck look like an ignorant dumbass when you throw that word around.

NOTE: 'You' in the above sentence is the plural, generic 'you.' Not YOU Deathrace.

Hails from Finland !

Too bad Varg isnt into black metal anymore. Burzum s/t and Hvis lyset tar oss were great albums. Atleast Jon from Dissection will be back. I read somewhere that he has written a lot of new songs.

About the "politically correct" language:

You ppl get offended so easily. I thought the idea of a web community was that everybody could express their own opinions. I guess the other writer did not use the word my pals in a political sense but what if he/she did ? So what ? You gotta say what you gotta say even if some get offended.

Originally posted by dirty_sandwich666
who are faust and jon?

sorry for my ignorance, i just havent heard of them before. what did they do?
i know all about the mayhem stuff though.

faust was the drummer of emperor, who is now in prison for murdering an homosexual acquaintance (this act somehow reminds me of an fanatic catholic priest)

and jon is the vocalist/guitarrist of dissection, who is also currently in jail for murder...