New Interview with Warrel

Based on the sound of the album I’m guessing Jeff Loomis is still using those seven-string guitars.
Actually, he’s using a six-string Flying V through a lot of the songs. That will make a lot of people happy.

The sound still made me think he was using the seven-string.
The thing is, when he’s using the seven-string, he’s using the same tuning, it’s just got an extra string, so nobody’s gonna know. I mean, we’re not de-tuning massively like Korn or anything. To me when people see a seven-string guitar they’re gonna think, Korn, Korn, Korn! Fuck you, it sounds like Korn!

:OMG: :OMG: :OMG:

retarded penguin said:
.What video?
Actually, they didn’t show our video. They were just showing interviews we did from the New England Metal and Hardcore Festival. We get home from this promo trip, we’re gonna do a video for “Enemies of Reality.”

:OMG: :OMG: :OMG::OMG: :OMG: :OMG::OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :headbang:
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Live4Metal said:

Just in case someone here takes a philosophy class on Hume, Kant, or Schopenhauer and gets confused because of what WD says:

What is “Noumenon” about?

"To define it completely, it’s the opposite of phenomenon. A phenomenon is something that cannot be physically explained. That’s why it’s a phenomenon. A noumenon is something that can be physically explained. There you get the idea of how we wrote the song. We can explain it. [Laughs]."

He got the first part, noumenon is the opposite of phenomenon. Everything else is wrong. A noumenon is "the intellectual conception of a thing as it is in itself, not as it is known through perception" or "a posited object or event as it appears in itself independent of perception by the senses."

A phenomenon is "a fact or event of scientific interest susceptible of scientific description and explanation" or "any state or process known through the senses rather than by intuition or reasoning." Phenomena can be explained, they're everything in the everyday world, in fact, the world is a phenomenon. Phenomenon is the computer in front of you, your body, the cum stains on your pants, the food you eat, the air you breathe, the sun, the earth, etc. Phenomena is everything you can perceive with your senses.

A noumenon, on the other hand, is something that is posited, but not explainable. Noumena include: god, freedom, the will, causality, etc. They are things in themselves, we can't perceive them, and thus, can never prove anything about them. They can only be assumed. We can only assume that we have free will, or that there is a god.

http://www.trinity.edu/cbrown/modern/litrev/Kant-appearances.html
http://orpheus.ucsd.edu/phenom/old/phennou.html
http://www-philosophy.ucdavis.edu/phi151/OCT5LEC.HTM

Reactions: Ihreil Junkenstein
I’ll tell you right now,
you cook a woman a good meal and you will get laid.

Whew, am i glad my appetite for destruction is stilled!!
:Smokedev:

Good interview, it looks it's time for Nevermore,
to go on the road and scare some people!

HELL YEAH!!!
:headbang:

-x-
Iris

Great interveiw. especially: "’ll tell you right now, you cook a woman a good meal and you will get laid."

*laughing*

that was a great interview. He ripped on Metallica and Korn. Excellent.

I liked this quote: "Of course, yeah. I’m the goddamn singer, of course I do"

*lol*

good times

As far as the new album is concerned, what’s the idea behind the song/title, “Enemies of Reality?”
I ripped off the title from a David Cronenberg movie called Existence. There’s a line in there where Jennifer Jason Leigh says, “perhaps we’re all just enemies of reality.” That stuck in my head so I had to rip it off. Thank you David Cronenberg [Laughs].

What’s it dealing with?
I don’t know. You’ll have to ask him. I didn’t come up with it [Laughs].

:lol:

EoR video... Hellz yeah! :hotjump:

hehe they look like an 80s hair band in this pic:
Nevermore02.jpg

Haven't seen exisitence yet!!!
thanks wd I will check him out later on..maybe watch it with the sound down ,and nevermore playing

yeah i like negative reviews and negative live performaces makes you think...instead of being forced feed to have behavior modifications.