New Into Eternity song available.

General Zod said:
Not true. I own their last two CDs. Both made my Tops of 200x lists. Buried in Oblivion was my #5 CD of 2004. I just think they're terrible live. And for the record, that's hardly a unique opinion. When I saw them in NYC, I was with seven other people who all felt similarly. That said, the new song is quite good and Stu sounds surprisingly natural. So let's sum up...

Do I now suspect I'll like the new disc? Yes.
Do I hope they blow me away when I see them on Gigantour? Yes.
Do I suspect they'll be just as bad when I see them on Gigantour? Yes.

Zod

I was trying to bust your balls , you even take the fun out of that :headbang:

LOL

Bear said:
I was trying to bust your balls , you even take the fun out of that. LOL
Nah... I knew you were busting my balls. But I've trashed their live shows so many times on here, I figured I'd be clear. I was also pleasantly surprised by Stu's studio vox. Perhaps the stuff on the new disc is in a range he's more comfortable with, and that will be reflected live.

Zod

General Zod said:
Not true. I own their last two CDs. Both made my Tops of 200x lists. Buried in Oblivion was my #5 CD of 2004. I just think they're terrible live. And for the record, that's hardly a unique opinion. When I saw them in NYC, I was with seven other people who all felt similarly. That said, the new song is quite good and Stu sounds surprisingly natural. So let's sum up...

Do I now suspect I'll like the new disc? Yes.
Do I hope they blow me away when I see them on Gigantour? Yes.
Do I suspect they'll be just as bad when I see them on Gigantour? Yes.

Zod

you make top [insert here] lists? who are u, what are u?:lol:

either way, Into Eternity kicks ass, and the new song is awesome. as always :headbang:

Oh my, their new disc is terrific. I've been listening all morning, and I think it's top line. It's a sure buy as soon as possible, and should be a strong top 5 contender for my best disc of the year.

Britt

DarkTide said:
Oh my, their new disc is terrific. I've been listening all morning, and I think it's top line. It's a sure buy as soon as possible, and should be a strong top 5 contender for my best disc of the year.
I'm only half way through, but definitely digging this. These guys are just great songwriters. Surprisingly, I'm really enjoying Stu's vocals. I'm now very curious to hear how he handles these songs live. Perhaps my issues with his vocals (in a live setting) stem from him being forced (with the old material) to perform in a key in which he's not comfortable? We'll see...

Zod

testofwills said:
I headphone the cd last night and the bass drums seem really off..Almost like there programmed..--Its almost a distraction for me anyways...The cd slays by the way

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this, its my only gripe with the album, aside from it being too short. I love it!:kickass:

testofwills said:
I headphone the cd last night and the bass drums seem really off..Almost like there programmed..--Its almost a distraction for me anyways...The cd slays by the way

They're some of the most obviously triggered kick drums I've heard lately - strangely, just like the last Biomechanical album, which Sneap also mixed. I dont' know if that's what they gave him or if he replaced them, though.

I hear another new song called Surrounded By Night and its freaking PHENOMENAL!!!!!!Holy shit, probably the best song I ever heard from IE.

Stu fucking rules!!!!I think Tim recorded all the guitars himself, the best yet!!!

eaeolian said:
They're some of the most obviously triggered kick drums I've heard lately - strangely, just like the last Biomechanical album, which Sneap also mixed. I dont' know if that's what they gave him or if he replaced them, though.

Biomechanical was recorded with an electronic drum set in John K's front room. All of the drums and cymbals are triggered.

The Into Eternity kicks are so plastic it's anoying. The vocals are obviously auto tuned to hell, there's a couple of places you can hear it "grab", and the harmonies have that auto-tune synthetic sound to them. However - the disc sounds really good and is the first IE that I actually like!

Bear said:
I hear another new song called Surrounded By Night and its freaking PHENOMENAL!!!!!!Holy shit, probably the best song I ever heard from IE.

Stu fucking rules!!!!I think Tim recorded all the guitars himself, the best yet!!!
Awesome song ... probably my favorite on a disc full of good tunes. The only negative .. album's too short .. 41 minutes.

Britt