New Iron Maiden stuff due in November...

Maybe the packaging will be cool for it or something, I dont know, at least they didnt put anything rare on it, so we dont have to buy it if we dont want to :)

Because, with Best Of The Beast there was a new track (Virus) so people who are huge fans of Maiden had to buy it to get it, even though they had all their songs.

With this, its stuff we already have, so I dont see the big deal really :)

Its still taking the piss, yes, but did you really expect them to miss ANY opportunity for marketing? Besides...

It will be ON TV! :eek: *Sarcasm mode turned off*

"Best of the Beast" had "Virus", a live-with-Blaze version of "Afraid to Shoot Strangers", and some stuff from the Soundhouse Tapes sessions (or something), and it was also in spiffy packaging, so it was a must-have.

You mean to say, that in spite of the fact that this is a new official Maiden release, with new artwork, revised track listing and most probably and very cool booklet – I'm under no obligation to buy it?

That makes no sense.. :confused:

No, I wasnt talking about the fucking whale before someone says something about it ;)

I dunno how much it will cost, but $100- $150....seems reasonable. I suppose, it depends on whether EMI AUS release it whether music shops have to get import versions, which will make for a very nasty price tag.

I think the box set is fantastic.

The greatest hits does seem *sell out*, but we have to remember they are saying it isnt for the old fans, but targeted at a new generation of fans they want to reach, and there is NOTHING wrong with that IMO.

But they already have two versions of Best of the Beast - one two-CD version, one cheaper 1-CD version. Why release another one? Why not just to what they do with everything else they have and rerelease Best of the Beast?

Originally posted by Spiff
Why not just to what they do with everything else they have and rerelease Best of the Beast?

Surprise, surprise.. Best Of The Beast was re-released with all the other albums the first time around (Eddie Head Enhanced 'era).

There's also a 4lp version which is especially cool.