New Jag Panzer is amazing.

That's a good thing I think. As much as I enjoyed Mechanized Warfare, it didn't last. The problem was, all the songs were a bit too similar. Same vibe, same vocal melodies, etc. Does that make sense? They're not the most 'dynamic' of bands based on that album alone.

With that said, I've never heard any of the earlier Jag Panzer albums. I might like them more now than I did a couple of years ago, so perhaps I'll look out for some bargains.

You should buy "Ample Destruction. The absolute definition of heavy metal imo, in EVERY aspect. Tyrant simply spits steel with every scream in that album, and the guitars have the more STEEL-ISH sound a guitar can have. Download "Harder Than Steel" or "Symphony Of Terror" and simply feel its power.

What's that "Decade of the Spiked Bat" like? Is it worth it? I can probably get it since we received it on promo. I'll just ask Chief B to send it back to me.

So far, Jag Panzer reviews at RC have averaged 6.25/10. :)

"Decade of the Spiked Bat" is basically some of the albums that the band couldn't get the rights to release, so they rerecorded everything.

Also they just released chain of command, which is strictly limited. Its the old release, but they just remastered it some. Still has that old school charm to it. Different vocalist though. And they cover In a gadda da vida on it.

Did I hear cd-r?

Evil C.

OK listening to the new album now....this is fucking killer. MUCH better than Mechanized Warfare, which wasn't bad either way.

ScottG got it right, this one is more "metal". They've let loose a few cannons and gone with some distinct tunage, as opposed to the "every song sounds near identical" approach that, let's be honest, plagues too many US metal bands -- including Iced Earth -- for fear of using a splash of melody here or there.

Some of the choruses on this is great, multi-layered a la Into Eternity clean vox approach at times. The song about the Guns of Navarone, "Mission 1941", is superb.

Century Media are having an absolutely blinding year!