new kata album

Parabola

Apr 17, 2002
Visit site
What do you think the next album will be like? Do you expect it´ll sound more similar to LFDGD or are the boys going to change their style of music?:loco: And do you think the band´s popularity will increase "greatly" after the new release? Personally I wouldn´t mind if they aren´t going to be too well-known. But that doesn´t mean, I´d begrudge them having success and earn some more money. But still there´s somehow an underground feeling, isn´t it? So, I´m curious what you think about it.

I don't really have any expectations for it as to what it will be like. All of their releases differ alot, with the exception of BMD and SoD... but retain a similar feeling though all. As long as that feeling is there it will be Katatonia and i can't wait to hear what they do next. I do miss Jonas' growling though:cry: He can still growl, he does so great on the bootleg from Paris on Murder! Maybe they'll mix it up one of these days and add a song or 2 with Jonas' familiar and much missed growls, i sure hope so but if not i can't complain about anything they have done. Katatonia are the ultimate band to me, i only wish there was something i could give in return to them for all they have themselves given.

im sure its gonna be great, and i haven't a clue if they'll go for a big change or continue what they're doing, hopefuly they'll just do what they wanna do. as for fame, if they didn't get a bigger fan base after the last album i think its impossible, one of the best albums i've got, and they really should be recieving more recognition than they got for it, i suppose you can only buy good reviews these days :( . im looking forward to the new album, and the art work too :D

Hmm.. I wonder what 'harder' will be like?

No doubt it'll be substantially different to 'Last Fair Deal'. Like someone already said; all their releases are different (with the exception).

Personally I don't think they can do any wrong.

dramatic change in sound and style... that can mean only one thing... you know it, folks... ALL POLKA, ALL THE TIME!!

seriously though, assuming they don't go through any ridiculously drastic changes (and i'm not talking like BMD->DO, or even like old paradise lost to new or something, i'm talking like jonas deciding he's happy now and wants to sing about flowers and blakkheim trading in the guitar for for a little monkey with an organ... although, now that i think about it, a monkey does make a good addition to anything... there we go! hire a monkey, guys! you'll be on heavy rotation on mtv in no time!!) then i'm sure i'll enjoy it... i'd rather not see them get terribly much heavier (like, if they start growling again, i'll be rather miffed), and i'd rather not see them get too much lighter (some crunch adds a lot, imho), but honestly, i trust 'em... they won't screw up :)

but really guys, think about the monkey idea... ya can't go wrong - guaranteed. i mean, what other music types can you think of who have monkeys? michael jackson - look where it got him! multi-platinum! so get yourselves a monkey, boys!!

(sorry... its far, far too late for me too be up)

Originally posted by elric
dramatic change in sound and style... that can mean only one thing... you know it, folks... ALL POLKA, ALL THE TIME!!

...or Jonas singing hip hop:lol:
Just have a look at his playlist and the book he was reading some months ago;)

Well, seriously speaking I think they will follow the evolution from DO to LFDGD, not major changes in style, but who knows...

I swear to god, if they follow Paradise Lost's path I'll fucking scream.

I don't want experimentation and electronics. Every band seems to be doing that these days.

Just play good music!!!

Fuck, I'm a bit worried now. The statement, "dramatic change" always sends shivers down my spine... My Dying Bride anyone?

Yes, I'll take My Dying Bride :loco:
34.788% is pretty good.... (apart from that song.... ;)). And hey, after that they went back to their old style. I wouldn't be sad to see Katatonia do that (as cool as their new stuff is) :D

I recently received a new Peaceville sampler.
I Looked on the playlist and thought,hmm sounds interesting.
But it starts with the cover:White with 3 rectengulars showing hands taking out the CD,like on a stupid and poor alternative sampler.
Ok,i through in the CD and it started with a live track of My Dying Bride's "The Cry of mankind",it was really good. Then came the new band from the At the Gates frontman called "The Great Deceiver" which was quiet good too but then came only some strange bands sometimes sounding like Depeche Mode or some with really strange names like Electric Hippies and i thought:hmm,what is going on with that label?
The funniest thing was the combination of the songs.
After these wannabe guys from Electro Hippies came Isengard with "Vinterskugge",and i thought what the...?!

So i don't know what the next Katatonia album will sound like.I mean,maybe i should not think too much of this sampler and bring the whole thing together with Katatonia but i just hope that it won't be full of songs like "We must bury you" or like requiem said:experimentations and electronics...
I mean Peaceville seems to be a label being open for many kind of different bands and i only hope that Katatonia will (be able to) follow their present style without changing tooooo much you know.

We'll see...

and i thought:hmm,what is going on with that label?

*nods*
They signed some 'strange' bands lately. I can only second your hopes concerning Katatonia's musical future. I mean I'm not really suffering from electrophobia, but... :)

p.s. the MDB live album is marvelous. The bottle of wine on my desk almost opened itself :dopey: