circus_brimstone

Forest: Sold Out
Jul 5, 2003
Indiana
Pagan’s Mind – Infinity Divine
Limb Music Products – October 11th, 2004
By Jason Jordan

cover_250x250_ID.jpg

More power metal? Shocked? I didn’t think so. In any case, Infinity Divine is actually somewhat rewarding. It’s true that Pagan’s Mind have a long, tough road ahead if they want to helm the power metal genre, but their traversing – thus far – should pay off in the end.

“Prelude to Paganism” is a one minute intro, which immediately brings to mind the concept of space, space travel, and what have you. “Caught in a Dream” commences with a sharp, guitar riff and paves the way for the onslaught. After chewing on Infinity Divine, I am required to confess that I fell in love with the guitar tones and subsequent production. Sure, other instruments in the mix are produced well, but the chunky riffing will catch you every time. “Infinity Divine” has a penchant for blistering instrumentation; the vocals aren’t grating, but they aren’t very innovative either. The aforementioned track has a good pace. “Embracing Fear” starts with the proverbial, ambient synths, “Astral Projection” sounds overly progish, and “Angels’ Serenity” utilizes “scared” guitar licks to convey its urgency. The remainder of the album doesn’t stray too far from the formula in place, and there’s definitely enjoyment to be gleaned from each track.

Infinity Divine isn’t going to forcefully thrust its way into your power metal collection; it’s simply not strong enough to contend. However, Pagan’s Mind have a good sound overall, and the group’s talents noticeably standout. Give ‘em some time, though. They’ll get it right. At least I hope so.

7.5/10

Official Pagan’s Mind website
Official Limb Music Products website