Pagan's Mind - Infinity Divine question:

Here's another Pagan's Mind question...

Love the "Celestial Entrance" CD, but there are a couple of passages on "The Prophecy of Pleiades" that blatantly borrow both lyrically and musically from Dream Theater's "Learning to Live."

Is there a specific story behind this song?

They talked about it after the song came out. It is an intentional and conscious tribute to DT. Excellent song in general too.

If i had to guess i would just say they were tipping their hat to the masters.

Thanks for the responses.

I figured it was most likely a tribute. However, I once read an interview with fantasy author David Eddings, and he said he wouldn't let himself read other fantasy authors (aside from Tolkien), because he knew he absorbed stuff like a sponge – and didn’t want to accidentally “borrow” someone else’s ideas!

Hey, in the picture of all the Pagan's Mind CD's earlier in this thread, there appears to be a DVD in the lower left corner. Do they have a DVD out?

Thanks,
Paul

You're referring to my picture.

They have released a few DVD's however nothing too amazing. Just DVD's of there official videos they've done. I just have all the different versions they've sent out for promo materials or sold at shows.

I'm a Pagan's Mind fanatic so I have just about everything they've released and more.

You're referring to my picture.

They have released a few DVD's however nothing too amazing. Just DVD's of there official videos they've done. I just have all the different versions they've sent out for promo materials or sold at shows.

I'm a Pagan's Mind fanatic so I have just about everything they've released and more.

I really like the band as well. Need to get their first CD. Are their DVD's for sale? I haven't found anything by searching.

Thanks,
Paul

I really like the band as well. Need to get their first CD. Are their DVD's for sale? I haven't found anything by searching.

Thanks,
Paul

I have the newest DVD and its signed by the band. I have 3 copies and would gladly sell you one. Send me a PM with your email and I can send details...or you can send me an AIM or MSN name if you have one.

Thanks for the responses.

I figured it was most likely a tribute. However, I once read an interview with fantasy author David Eddings, and he said he wouldn't let himself read other fantasy authors (aside from Tolkien), because he knew he absorbed stuff like a sponge – and didn’t want to accidentally “borrow” someone else’s ideas!

So instead, he shamelessly copied the plot from the Belgariad books and re-used it for his Malloreon series.......and even had the characters joke about a certain deja vu feeling that they've done this all before. :puke:

Err, we now return you to the somewhat less plagiaristic world of Pagan's Mind....before I go off on a rant about Terry Brooks or something. :saint: