New Kemper Clip // On Guitars And Bass - Dillinger Escape Plan Style

dcb

nerd
Dec 7, 2008
------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE : HERE IS THE GUITAR / BASS KEMPER PATCH FOR THAT SONG !

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3233582/Uebersound Kemper Patches/Uebersound Kemper Patches.rar
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

finally my first production i used the kemper on:

this is not the final mix, just a rough export after tracking today.
vocals and keyboards are missing.
// check out the band : www.facebook.com/conjoinedtwinoctopus

info :

we used a triple rectifier profile for guitars (mesa cab)
combined with a stock cabinet (called Bog/made by uwe bossert)
with some tweaking. there is on post processing on the guitars or bass.

for bass i used olas DV Mark patch mixed with the clean di signal for
lowend. the bass was a spector 4 string, one of my favorite basses!

also drums were tracked in my old studio, first time i get away with just a ringy snare sample blended 10 % for more sustain. toms are replaced completely. for me the kemper is a complete substitute / alternative to micing amps.

hope you guys like it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds really good, man. I like it a lot. Everything sounds punchy, appropriately separate and nicely colored. If anything, I wish the mix overall just had more 4-500ish mids, but not a whole lot. Good stuff, either way.

sounds great! really digging the mix and guitar tone.

did you use the 'green scream' boost in the kemper or a pedal before the unit?

Sounds really good, man. I like it a lot. Everything sounds punchy, appropriately separate and nicely colored. If anything, I wish the mix overall just had more 4-500ish mids, but not a whole lot. Good stuff, either way.

thanks man! havent had many tones in a while a lot of the folks on this forum liked, hehe. its nice so many of you dig it!!
its not a mix at all, i might mess with the guitars when vocals and keys are there.

sounds great! really digging the mix and guitar tone.
did you use the 'green scream' boost in the kemper or a pedal before the unit?

thanks man! went for a more natural mix this time.
i did use green in front, yes. a little drive (3.1) and +.9 tone

i can upload the patch for you guys, i just need a new usb stick !:Spin:

Loving it! One of the best tones I've heard from the Kemper so far...

cool! thanks, good to hear that! i haven theard any tones i liked yet...
cant wait to create my own profiles when i have my new studio.
gonna use an u47 ! my dream mic for heavy guitar sounds!!

thanks man! havent had many tones in a while a lot of the folks on this forum liked, hehe. its nice so many of you dig it!!
its not a mix at all, i might mess with the guitars when vocals and keys are there.

You haven't so much people likeing your tones maybe because you don't post so much!
Unfortunately the more you post to the forum the more you get attention, not always it means good quality :(
Your tone is great I like it a lot thick warm and crushing ;)

You haven't so much people likeing your tones maybe because you don't post so much!
Unfortunately the more you post to the forum the more you get attention, not always it means good quality :(
Your tone is great I like it a lot thick warm and crushing ;)

thanks man! haha, yeah, maybe your right. its always good having some opinions on stuff youre currently working on. hope this place turns into more in depth discussion about stuff! sick of all the podfarm, dfh djent bands tbh :D
nothing wrong with that, but its gotten a little too much lately... also the 10$ mix and mastering offers here turn me of tbh... but thats another story, haha!
well i hope well have more music here with feel again. but im confident!

back to topic! ill post the final mix next week!

Unfortunately i cant download it to listen on my monitors but on my laptop it sounds great so i can only imagine it kicks ass!

and of course feel free to share that profile rig if you get the chance : D
haha

Tomorrow id like to get IEM or any decent headphones to check out the low end though because im interested in what the kemper can do with bass..
anyway, nice work man!

thanks dudes! appreciate it!

also for guys interested in the snare, its actually 100% real, the samples are suuper low in the mix.
ill post a screenshot of my settings in the rate my mix section!

not bad at all.... but I feel the GTR's are just fucking DOMINATING the mix like CRAZY.... add vox, keys, etc. to this and you'll have some big issues.

i'm sue you know this, though =D I realize this is only a rough demonstration of the Kemper but man, this thing is REALLY starting to fucking grow on me!

and +fucking1 to the U47 on heavy guitars, same with my love for the Royer R-121.....god DAMN do quality ribbons take EQ well!

not bad at all.... but I feel the GTR's are just fucking DOMINATING the mix like CRAZY.... add vox, keys, etc. to this and you'll have some big issues.

i'm sue you know this, though =D I realize this is only a rough demonstration of the Kemper but man, this thing is REALLY starting to fucking grow on me!

and +fucking1 to the U47 on heavy guitars, same with my love for the Royer R-121.....god DAMN do quality ribbons take EQ well!

haha, yeah, i thought id mix the guitars up for this, so people can hear the kemper!

i want a 121 soo bad. do you have one?
maybe ill just borrow it for the profiling session...

I definitely like this a lot. Great work.

thanks greg!!
now you need to offer a custom kemper profile service!!
these things will go for 100€ +
im pretty sure. also i dont think people will share them for free, as they spent a lot of money on that.

Sounds sweet man, great guitar tone, love the punchy palmmutes!

Did you upload the patch to the kemper forum? those lads with kempers need more great metal tones FAST! haha..

thanks greg!!
now you need to offer a custom kemper profile service!!
these things will go for 100€ +
im pretty sure. also i dont think people will share them for free, as they spent a lot of money on that.

Welcome sir :)

That's a great idea. I think before I start offering a custom Kemper Profile service, I want to work on getting all my amps to their max. I spent a day this week with the collection trying 10+ different quads of power tubes and 30 different preamp tubes in each amp. I try to pay as much attention to detail as possible. I'm really hearing exactly what I want out of everything I have these days, and I just added something new to the collection :devil:

+1 to what Marcus said. These drums sound very well put together; they're definitely the best you've done.