New keyboard player?

K

Knust2000

Hi there,

What about Phil Bennett as the new man on the keys? His solos on BOAE are great. I wish my fingers were so fast!! Why can`t he be the one?

It`s a pity Douglas hasn`t got 4 hands, so that he could play the keyboards as well :D !

Guido
(www.someonesad.de)

You're right Phil would be perfect....we've told him that numerous times. Unfortunately he's pretty busy as the keybordist for Starship...those guys play almost 200 shows a year.

200 gigs a year? That must be a cover band! Or is it that 80ies band who had the hit "We built this city (on rock`n roll)?
:)
Guido

Exactly Guido

Thats the one! as a matter of fact we just saw them a month ago with the Tubes.

Phil is a very good friend and an amazing Key man! But he has his gig, which as Ted stated is very demanding.

Now if anyone knows of a very good and serious player, send them are way! I can,t believe no one has stepped up and answered the call? There are very good things happening for Enchant and the future is really bright!

So where are the bad ass Keyboardists at?

Ed

Hi Ed,

Starship still exist? Interesting! Well, a hundred gigs will definitely help to pay the bills. But hey... You are in the German Charts and one of the few bands in the progressive genre who are still growing and selling more albums with every new release coming out. I bet that in Dream Theater it is the other way round, or am I mistaken? (That is not meant to be cynical!)

Ok, Spock`s Beard are still growing but i`d ratherly doubt that they will be able to beat their record of their last album which ended up in the German charts on #37.... It`s not that I don`t think that their album won`b as good as the last one,
but at some point you reach a limit which is hard (or impossible) to beat...

I would love to become the keyboarder of Enchant, but I am just too bad and living too far away.... In Hamburg/Germany.
Bad luck... If a fairy stepped up to me and offered me three wishes I would chose:

1. Two fast hands
2. Musical genius
3. And: the strength not to collapse, when playing with my idols!

Guido
(www.someonesad.de)

Guido

You are too cool man, awesome! Thanks hey you obviusly have a great sense of humor too! which is great.

Hamburg hah I have a very good friend living there! I am hoping we will be there next year! I will have to buy you a beer or two for this post!

And no worries about the comments on the bands! I think everyone knows what your saying! the writing is on the wall :)

If there is a keyboardist out there now is a really good time to get your chops togather and join Enchant! enough said! things are happening, and soon!

Someone will step up soon I am sure!

Thanks again Ed

Hi Ed,

It is not very often that someone from abroad certifies us (Germans) a certain sense of humour, because there is a rumour going on that we don`t have one :) Therfore I am very pleased with that compliment!

I will take you at your word as far as the beer is concerned. :) Perhaps we should try some Bavarian Beer then. :cool: (I knew I would get the opportunity to use this Bavarian-lookalike-emoticon one day :) )

Yeah, it would be great to see you all here back in Hamburg. All the gigs you played here were absolutely fantastic. Especially the one in the Knust. I love those small cellar clubs, because they create a great atmosphere.

Hasta pronto,

Guido
(www.someonesad.de)

hey Enchant-men, I was thinking : what about Matt Guillory for the keyboards chores ? I saw his name in a couple of your booklets I guess you guys are friends aren't you ?

Do you think Matt could fill in full time ? Seems that Dali's Dilemma has a long stand-by since quite a while now and maybe he's free for the moment…

That could be cool don't you think ?

Ze Dan

ok, well i posted on like 7 or 8 msg boards and subscribed to all of them. i may see if Berklee College Of Music or a few other music school might have an email list or something. But we'll see, hopefully some people will reply. I guess there is nothing to lose :)