NEW: Little Labs Redeye 3D Phantom

Yeah it's listed at the same price as the old one on Frontendaudio.com, but I guess that's not the final price..
In Germany the old Redeye is $354, and thomann wants even $452, US price is 219 dollars :lol:
I guess IF the new unit will be available here it will be superexpensive.

I have one, I haven't used the active DI though (all my guitars have active pickups, so I use the passive input on the back). I love it, though, the DI's sound GREAT and when reamping it sounds absolutely identical to plugging into the amp.
It's also nice to have the amp thru while tracking the DI (not sure if the original did this).

Overall yeah, it works amazing. It's my first reamp box, and first pro-level DI so I can't really compare it to anything else, but it has surpassed my expectations... :)

Sorry for thread resurrection but i wanted to know who's using this new version of the RedEye and if it works well or not (for : reamp; passive DI; active DI).

yeah got one and everything is has been great so far.
it's my first reamping device though, so I can't comment on the quality, sorry.
I'm using the active function for passive pickups and I like what I'm hearing.

Don't want to open a thread for that..so i ask here..it should be fine..
I have the normal Redeye and i'm considering of upgrading to the redeye 3D because i always use passive pickups.
But when i now compare my normal record with my reamped i can't hear any difference and when i look at freq analyze it seems that they are exactly the same..maybe it's only this passive guitar and if i would try another one (i dont have at the moment) maybe it wouldn't sound identically. Does somebody know if it's worth upgrading? I'm afraid if i sell my one and getting the new and it's worse than before...
The point is..i guess..if i upgrade i should do it soon before nobody wants the old one anymore?