Little labs redeye and hot passive pickups

Goddamn guys this thing is clipping all over the place!
Tonight I was tracking my guitarist and his beautiful prs through the little labs sucked so much!
I mean it's a very great guitar, sounds so good, but the redeye is clipping on palm mutes or just when he's playing a bit loud.
Before I never noticed this on passive guitars, maybe he just play louder compared to all the pussies having passive pickups that ever recorded over here, so I never noticed that.
I'm an active guy, so all my guitars pretty much have emg's and I have no problem with the redeye.
... I guess I need a good alternative to the red eye, something that can handle passive and active, don't know if I'm going for the redeye 3d (I know it can handle that).
I hope is not my interface... digi003, because with active pickups I never had problem with clipping.... tomorrow I'll check just to be sure.
Please help meeeeeeeeeeeee ;)

They added the active buffered input on the 3d to correct that issue. It wasn't quite high enough resistance. The original redeye didn't sound as good with passive pickups. There was a great comparison thread here somewhere that detailied that really well, but I can't find it for the life of me.

the manual for the redeye 3d explains it a bit.
http://www.littlelabs.com/REDEYE3Dmanual.pdf

If I was you I'd trade in the original for the 3d phantom. Best of both worlds. Use the active input for passive pickups, and use the passive input for active pickups. I love my 3d.

Passive DI should not have problems with clipping at all, only some saturation, but not clipping, if it exists, then blame mic pre etc., further down the chain.

Can someone clarify about exact RedEye (3D) levels, because Little Labs unprofessionally do not publish specifications?

Passive DI should not have problems with clipping at all, only some saturation, but not clipping, if it exists, then blame mic pre etc., further down the chain.

Can someone clarify about exact RedEye (3D) levels, because Little Labs unprofessionally do not publish specifications?

Yes dude I'm sorry, it's more of a saturation.
But I doubt that there is a problem with my pre, I record a lot of guitars/drums/vocals and the problem is non existent.
It's just that passive guitar having problem at the moment

Maybe transformer (in case of non-3D version) just can not handle such level, but it`s strange, could you post some DI sample with mentioned saturation (just fragment will be enough)?

Weird, I've been using a Redeye for years with probably over 100 different guitars, and have never had an issue like this.