New Machine Head album

Oh my god.

Ok, well, I cant say for sure whether you would like either band, though I think if you can get into old Metallica, Testament and Megadeth you should be ok with Slayer, though Slayer is far more aggressive than those bands its not a huge leap.

Machine Head are sort of Pantera like actually, but heavier and with better riffs, so you may like both bands, heres some songs to download.

Slayer: War Ensemble, Raining Blood, Seasons In The Abyss, Angel Of Death, Bloodline, Dead Skin Mask, Postmortem, Crionics, Stain Of Mind, Ghosts Of War, South Of Heaven. Its kind of hard recommending Slayer songs because theres so many great ones, get Seasons, Bloodline and Dead Skin Mask first because they are Slayers "catchiest" songs :)

Machine Head: Old, Take My Scars, Imperium, Davidian, Spine, Ten Ton Hammer.

Both bands are probably heavier than the stuff you usually listen to, theres no cookie monster vocals or anything though, so give them a try :)

Deep Purple :headbang:

OK, I might check em out then.

I like heavy music. Big fan of old Metallica, Opeth, Iced Earth (Disc one of DOP rules). I like RIP and CTE from Megadeath. Havnt heard the rest. I like Train of Thought :headbang:

I've never really liked either band...

Machine Head shitted me because of Rob Flynn... his voice is annoying as fuck and even in their stuff like "old" it sounded very boring when it came to the chorus and stuff. The "old" main riff is unreal, but the chorus is shitty "olllllld maaaaaan deeeeeaad haaaaand" fuck that bored the shit out of me, it's like they didn't put any effort in at all.

And with Slayer, all their songs really do sound too similar apart from the few obvious classics... Seasons, Raining Blood, Angel of Death

BUT having said that,

the new Machine Head album from what I have heard is UN-FUCKIN-REAL. So I don't know if this post is helpful to anyone at all.

Old is one of the best songs ever, go to the back of the class! :mad: He has an awesome voice!