New Maiden Tune

Well, i thought the riffs were a bit louder and heavyer (which is an improvement on recent years), but the actual song is too slow and it doesn't seen to have much of a chorus. I hope there will be some better songs on the album, or it will end up collecting dust in my bedroom cupboard :rolleyes:

At least there is a new Motorhead album out later this year, that should kick some ass :kickass: :headbang:

WILKS said:
I'm just lovn that song.:headbang:

Hey Goose i think im going to the Nec gig.But i might try and change that to Sheffield so we can meet up.

Sounds great WILKS:worship: I'm flying over alone but will be meeting up with about10 people from the US and naturally we'll be hanging out at a pub with a bunch of our mates over by you for a few pints :kickass:

I still have to make hotel arrangements in London,Newcastle and Sheffield:guh:

Well to be frank, and I'm always frank; Too slow and it gets boring even after 2 times. first 52 seconds I like, But then Bruce D. starts reading(!) from his fairytalebook in such a not-believable way, no drive at all just my opinion!! I just don't feel anything.. ( Biff does the same on Court of the Crimson king song,but he tells the lyric in a much more believeable-way, he knows what he is talking about, what he sings, he sees in the mind.. I think) I already nearly stop to listen, so boring to me..from 1:57 - 2:28 min it sounds good again and then it goes wrong again to me,..at 4:30 its better, the guitar parts are good technicly, but it doesnt give me the feeling that a Doug Scarret gives to me or a Paul Quinn, to say in short: Its not a jewel like Lionheart (eufemistic said..) I think its because of songs like this I prefer Saxon much more then Maiden ..I prefer the early stuff much more and a few later songs, but they are too few to mention..

But of course there is another reason and thats the following:

Hello heavycelli

You're currently registered as a free member of the IMOC, and thus aren't
eligible to take part in tomorrow's ticket presale.

If this is incorrect and you have paid for membership, please email
webmaster@ironmaidenonlineclub.com urgently so we can sort out your account
before the presale starts.

Thanks

Comment:
So people: be glad with the Saxon Website! It's free getting tickets! Paying for such things? I didn't even know it did excist!

heavycelli said:
Hello heavycelli

You're currently registered as a free member of the IMOC, and thus aren't
eligible to take part in tomorrow's ticket presale.

If this is incorrect and you have paid for membership, please email
webmaster@ironmaidenonlineclub.com urgently so we can sort out your account
before the presale starts.

Thanks

I had the same message sent to me; and I have been a fully paid up member of the Iron Maiden Fan Club for a long time. However, it's good for fans to have a chance to get presale tickets to gigs which are often sold out very quickly.

Cheers,

Goss.

Thanks for the links Crusader.

'Bighter Than A Thousands Suns' sounds like something that might have been left over from Bruces 'Tyranny Of Souls' album! Was quite catchy though. But the 3 songs I have heard from the new album have sounded quite catchy, but never really went anywhere. But I get a feeling they could be the type of songs that grow on you. And afterall, they are the best type of songs, because they are the ones that you always stick with.

First song much too long!, it has good parts especially the guitar parts, do me remind of the old albums, killers and iron maiden, the song sinks in...my opinion.. It just doesnt stick into memory..I think that that is what Paxoman says : "it doesnt go anywhere" I cannot whistle it..when i am somewhere else..Better cut the song in half and keep the good parts in it', sometimes its alot like filling te song (its more a filler than a killer! its not a whole but individual pieces put together...I feel the need to write down which parts I mean, but ok I promissed not to use the stopwatch..
Second song is in fact the same...the solos ok, but I do miss the Drive and lots more..something that I do hear on a Saxon Album or song..but not only Saxon, also bands like queensryche, accept etc... But The fans will love it...

Got it working. Think "Different World" has a strange chorus, sounds like something out of a song you hear on the radio. Dont like it :erk:

The other, long song (both name and duration), seems to be in the same style as Dance of Death and Paschendale on the previous album (same up tempo thingy). Maybe it's good live.. :heh:

yeah listened to both just once so far and can honestly say do nowt for me!! will give them a few more listens. Got the single on my MP3 and have to say hearing it booming out full blast it sound great now! Good to see the stopwatch chucked :headbang:

Single apart, these two songs won't be the best on the CD, they would'nt let the good stuff out on the net before it's supposed to be, I'd say these two tracks are probably the worst on the album, so the rest should be pretty damn good,.......hopefully!!

Mad Dan McCafferty said:
Single apart, these two songs won't be the best on the CD, they would'nt let the good stuff out on the net before it's supposed to be, I'd say these two tracks are probably the worst on the album, so the rest should be pretty damn good,.......hopefully!!

Nah I don't agree. I don't think Maiden would just release the weaker songs. My guess is that these songs are somewhere in the middle.