New Material Updates!

OdinsCourt

Valhalla
Sep 26, 2003
MD, USA
www.odinscourtband.com
Hey, everybody! I've been in hiding. Some updates for you...

My new D2C Studios has been busy. As such, I haven't had as much time to work on Odin's Court material as I'd like, since I've been recording other people. However, we have been working on the new material, and things are going well (though slow).

We have 2 albums worth of material:

• The first CD will be 13 songs. They are electric with the full band and 100% brand new material. The average song length is about 4:20, and the tunes are more catchy and focused than Deathanity's pieces. The exception is the main track, which is about 19 minutes. This album is the priority, and we're hoping to get all the recording and mixing done in 2009.

• The second CD will be 100% organic: acoustic guitar, drums, banjo, harmonica, mandolin, piano, double bass, and vocals. It will be 8 (or so) songs, including various alternate takes from the 13 above, as well as 2 completely new arrangements of songs from Deathanity (you won't recognize them) and 2 new arrangements of songs from Driven by Fate. We also hope to finish recording in 2009, though the mixing will probably be done after the electric album is released.
Recording for both albums has been in progress since March 2009:

• Savino has done keyboard for two of the main album's songs and also finish 2 of the acoustic songs. He'll be back in the studio later this month to do another 4-6.

• I have done almost all the acoustic guitar, and will hopefully finish this month (June 2009).

• Craig is officially done with his bass parts. He started in March 2009 and finished his electric parts on 30 March 2009. We spent all day on 6 June 2009 recording the double bass, which was a blast. See a couple pictures below, and more on our MySpace.

CraigBW.jpg

More later! For now, enjoy Craig fusing the power of metal, dragons, and steel into the organic world of the double bass!

CraigSword.jpg

Odin's Court has been busy on the new albums. Although progress has been slow due to members' hectic schedules, the band has made considerable progress since the last update.

• Savino has done everything for both albums except roughly 3 songs.
  • John has finished the drums for the acoustic album and done 1 song for the main album.
  • Matt finished all the acoustic guitar for both albums.
  • Matt has done about roughly 10% of the electric rhythm guitar.
  • Matt has started recording mandolin parts for both albums.
  • Rick has done leads for 2 songs on the main album.
No release date has been determined as of yet, but the band hopes for a release some time in 2010.

The band is planning on putting some recording session videos up on YouTube at some point. Stay tuned! In the meantime, a couple of pictures...

MattGuitar.jpg

MattGuitar6.jpg