NEW MDB:- A line of deathless kings

On first impression it's their worst ever, but from what I've heard this one takes a bit longer to get into. I like the intro track, "To Remain Tombless" which is a pretty heavy piece as far as this album goes, and I like the closer, "The Blood, The Wine, The Roses" which is a more uptempo catchy piece. I had heard the song "Deeper Down" quite a lot before the cd came out and I think it's a good track. To be honest the rest seems like a blur to me thus far. Very little growling on this one, definately less than a minute total. Of course there's also the painfully cheesy spoken word part thrown in once in a while too.

Oh, also I don't like the lyrics all that much. Nearly every song is the same heartbreak/love stuff. "I want to kiiisssss. . . . your red liippppps!". You know what I mean if you're an MDB fan. Not enough violence and apostasy for my liking.

It's like Angel and the Dark River, AGAIN. It's about as boring as part 2, "Like Gods of the Sun." The guitars are a bit heavier but the songs are pretty damn boring. I haven't really listened to it that much, but I don't think I'll be revisiting it enough to change my mind.

I have it. The only other My Dying Bride album I've heard is Songs of Darkness, Words of Light and I like it quite a bit better than A Line of Deathless Kings. I've only listened to the new one a couple times though.

I don't really like it all that much. It's ok, and i like how there's more clean singing, and a break from the "ok, this is a growling part, and i'll do some cleaning singing over this next part" feel... less predictable that way i suppose. The 2nd song (forget the name now) is great and has Aaron's best singing yet, but all in all i'm not really digging the album. Kind of a shame considering how much i liked the last one. I think it probably is their worst album.

heard a few tracks at their gig and yeah pretty boring...i had liked "songs of darkness..." but i must say it's a bit downhill after the dreadful hours. :(

they need to do another "34.7888%..."

34.788% or whatever the hell it's called IS pretty great, besides that awful song with all the weird censored obscenities (heroin chic I think was the name?). "The Dreadful Hours" is my favorite of all their albums.

At first, I was VERY disappointed with it. But, over time, I've grown to like it more. The first 3 songs are really strong, as are the last two.
As another posted stated above, the middle of the album is one large blur...maybe i need more time.

Face it: they're run out of ideas. "Songs Of Darkness" was their best since "Angel", IMO. But prior to that, "Dreadful" and "Light", while both offering some great tunes, also have a very predictable "been there, done that" feel.

Perhaps Calvin Robertshaw may come back one day. He produced (or mixed?, I forget) the new album...so we can hope.

ALODK is an album cluttered in generic boring chugga riffs with occasional moments of brilliance. The middle of Track 2 (forgot the name, something lamour or something?) and the middle/last half of Love's Intolerable Pain are some of the most beautiful MDB moments to date. unfortunately much of the rest of the album is uninspired shit. probably aaron's best clean vocal performance to date however. if only the album had more moments such as those mentioned it would be up there with the best of mdb. but with so many passages that make me cringe i rate it as MDB's worst and give it a 6.5 maybe a 7.

34.788% or whatever the hell it's called IS pretty great, besides that awful song with all the weird censored obscenities (heroin chic I think was the name?). "The Dreadful Hours" is my favorite of all their albums.

heroin chic! you dont like that song? excellent lyrics on that one haha!

tired of being sold as meat
whores give up beating on my meat
actually, you know, i don't really mind
too many scabs. flesh is hard to find o_O

how can you not like a song with michelle richfield? she's an amazing vocalist.

I have always enjoyed My Dying Bride musically. Aaron does get really redundant.

Strong words, but yeah. The band has lost it and has been repeating itself for quite a while now

Most fans I know think their last two rank among their very best, actually. The new one's dumb, Like Gods of the Sun is pretty dumb, but the last two were pretty damn good, so I think their career so far has just had some peaks and valleys.

Most fans I know think their last two rank among their very best, actually. The new one's dumb, Like Gods of the Sun is pretty dumb, but the last two were pretty damn good, so I think their career so far has just had some peaks and valleys.

exactly how i feel. There's no real "trend" i don't think. Ups and downs, and i think SODWOL and TDH were very solid, as good as TLTS and TAATDR.

I'm afraid My Dying Bride are repeating themselves with this album. Still think it's a cool album, just nothing groundbreaking.