New Megadeth clip!

This riff is fuckin' great... I still can't believe how good it is! The drumming is pretty interesting too!!!

Anyways... I went through the entire Megadeth discography since I've heard this riff and I was so into it... There are some records in your collection that you take for granted and put them aside for a while but when you pull them out again ... it's such a great feeling to rediscover an album!

I love every megadeth albums except Risk... I've burnt myself a cd of all the songs I love and gave it a copy to my music buddies and we're gonna jamm on the songs next week!!!

1-Architecture of Aggression
2-Wake Up Dead
3-Go to Hell
4-Devils Island
5-Mary Jane
6-Killing Road
7-Tornado of Souls
8-Breakpoint
9-Disconnect
10-Hangar 18
11-Return to Hangar
12-Skin o' My Teeth
13-This Was my Life
14-Ashes in Your Mouth
15-Holy Wars
16-FFF
17-She Wolf

Testament Legions said:
Hmmm... what do you think of

The Decline of Western Civilization: Part 4, THE REBIRTH OF METAL?!?! (Yes, there was a Part 3!!!)
IMO, only bollocks metal and the poser buggers died.
The good metal went underground.

I don't know if it's really a rebirth or a ressurrection.

:)

Dirt Junior said:
SOUNDS GOOD..BUT MAYBE DAVE PULLED THAT RIFF FROM THE LEFT OVERS FROM THE RUST IN PEACE SESSIONS..THEY HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING THAT HEAVY SINCE!

:yell:
Actually that riff is from a sound check that was played during the Japanese leg of the 2001 tour. Dave said he would release a new riff in 2001 when the megadeth.com counter reached 4 million, but someone fucked with it to speed it up and the riff was never released, so this most likely was it. Al Pitrelli described the new stuff as So Far So Good type stuff. Here's the live soundcheck, its about 5.5 megs.

http://members.cox.net/vicrattlehead/Megadeth-BTUlive.mp3

And the name of the song was revealed, its called Blackmail the Universe.

Testament Legions said:
Hmmm... what do you think of

The Decline of Western Civilization: Part 4, THE REBIRTH OF METAL?!?! (Yes, there was a Part 3!!!)
Wasn't part 3 about homeless people who listen to punk?

Gee, now I wonder. Who could he have seen it with. They guy's name is Testament Legions, he runs the Official Testament Website, he know the guys in Testament personally. Hmm... Could he possible have seen it with... Metallica??? :loco:

Razorhead95 said:
Gee, now I wonder. Who could he have seen it with. They guy's name is Testament Legions, he runs the Official Testament Website, he know the guys in Testament personally. Hmm... Could he possible have seen it with... Metallica??? :loco:
I didn't know the Testament guys back then (though I had met Alex and Eric briefly in 1985).

Let's just say it was a with a musician friend and there's a lot of irony to it (HA HA).

BTW... cool avatar! One of the werewolves in "Underworld," right?

Vic Rattlehead said:
...And the name of the song was revealed, its called Blackmail the Universe...
Thanks for the soundcheck link, Vic...I could get back into MD if they played that kinda stuff -- well, minus the drum solo at the end:p .