New Megadeth

the_satanic_rabbit

Return of Ganon
Oct 30, 2002
Twin Cities, MN
www.omwresearch.com
OK, for those who have it, feel free to discuss here...

I gotta say I'm happy with the album. Some of the lyrics may be childish, but hey, whatever, this album definitely has some attitude.

Easily the heaviest mega since countdown, and I'd say it's thrashier than countdown too. I miss Marty on lead, but Poland is great too. And if this album had Marty involved (from a writing standpoint), it probably wouldn't be this good. I think Dave sounds better than he ever has for leads too.

This is a good metal album folks, pure metal. I give it :headbang:

Some of the songs take a bit to grow on you, but this is definitely the best thing they've put out in the last 12 years. IMO

I love this album. Favs so far are Truth Be Told, Kick the Chair, Tears in a Vial, Something That I'm Not, Back in the Day, and The Scorpion. The whole album is great though, but it does take a few listens before you start to feel it.

I think it's hilarious that he mentions Old Bridge (NJ, I can only assume) in the same breath as LA, SF, and NY in Back In The Day.

It is a great album, every song is good and 5 are excellent.

Kick the Chair, Back in the Day, The Scorpion, Truth Be Told, and Blackmail the Universe

Tears in a Vial is a really good song too.

It sucks that there is no Dave Ellefson on bass, but it's cool that Nick Menza is back on drums. I'll definitely check them out if they make their way through here.

karelrulez said:
the album is really cool, and the strange thing is that I really dig the most commercial song on the album: die dead enough.
I have to admit that I didn't really like that song at first, but is has grown on me and I like it now. Can't escape that catchy chorus! :D

The video for it is rather lame though.

The only tracks I find wanting more from are the last two. The whole bagpipes for the sake of bagpipes doesn't really do it for me, and the last song is just not a strong closer IMO. But, I don't think Megadeth has had a strong closer since Ashes in your Mouth.

Megadeth were one of my fave bands in the mid 90's. It sounds as if this album is back to their early 90's type stuff, and I'll make sure this is the next album I'll buy.

i really didnt like scorpion when i first heard it, but now it is one of my favorite tracks

my fvorite overall would have to be kick the chair though.

WOW! im surprised at the glowing reviews here. last week, i read daves interview in terrorizer (or whatever it was) and then went and bought the album. when i got home and listened to it, i almost vomited. dave and the interviewer both said the album was the greatest thing since RIP so i thought it might at least be listenable. no. it is absolutely terrible. the songs are jokes and have the most immature lyrics ive ever heard. the guitar playing is average at best. overall it is just a bad, and DUMB, album. im really turned off by daves arrogant ass (read the interview) and his lame attempt to bring back megadeth so he can continue his 20 year old fight with metallica.

on the other hand, since everyone here has liked it so far, ill give it a few more listens. i only posted this because i was so flabbergasted at how bad the album is.

edit: oh yeah, in order to wash out the bad taste it left my ears, i too had to listen to countdown and ashes in your mouth in particular. awesome song.

The thing that caught me by surprise is how energized this new Megadeth actually is. Songs like Kick the Chair, Blackmail the Universe, and Back in the Day all have a fresh sound that Dave Mustaine hasn't generated in close to a decade.

After writing the band off after hearing Risk and World Needs Another Hero, it was a surprise to hear this comeback of sorts. Now if only Queenryche could cop half the energy and hunger to craft something of this quality.

and that's my 2 cents
Glenn