New member here!!

Thrash Metal Tormentor

Soldier Of Satan
Sep 9, 2002
Finland
Hail everyone!!

I was just browsing through the Ultimatemetal-forums and discovered this Old-School forum. As a fanatic Old-School Metalhead I instantly thought here's the right forum for me. Most people even say I'm born in the wrong decade because of my morbid fascination of the 80's :D

But enought with this bullshit, let's talk some Metal! ;)

Heh, I'm new myself, but yes, 80's had a lot of great shit, and i feel most of the guitarwork has since gone to complete shit, with, fortunately, a few exceptions. Also, solos have found a way to dissappear and you can play any old Metallica song and the ignorant masses, plagued by this new wave of pop-culture and rap think you're god at guitar... Anyway, before I get too far off the subject, Rock on, and hope to find you in some posts.

i'm 17,but i think that thrash is a really magic style of metal....i think this whole generation was superior......thrash was revolution.of course,i like maiden and the older bands,as well as the melodic/death bands from sweden(cob,in flames.....)...but there won't be ever this mighty sound like in thrash..... we are as one,as we all are the same.thrash till death

he metal messiah is your nick referring to that song on demolition or maybe to the 1st blaze album silicon messiah?

Originally posted by Stormbringer
he metal messiah is your nick referring to that song on demolition or maybe to the 1st blaze album silicon messiah?

it's the priest-song metal messiah.i didn't really like that album,but metal messiah is a good song.

where do you live in vienna?how old?

und kennst du das graffiti im ersten?:OMG:

The late 80's produced the best. It has spawned, though, a new breed of thrashers that are arguably as talented and as speedy as anything pushed out from that era. I can find good thrash in the '00's, maybe not as much but it's there.

What's required for thrash? Talent. I enjoy musicianship, and couple that with aggression, several beers and fellow metalheads, the combination is explosive!

Thrasher