New Metallica Song

First part sounds Loadish, middle part like Black Album and the last instrumental part reminds me of Justice, I think I will like this album.

Some parts remind me of fade to black, some parts remind me of ensiferum (tale of revenge) haha

Yeah the song structure is similar to Fade to Black Sanitarium and, One, clean intro, clean verse, distorted chorus, then the middle part and instrumental outro, pretty cool.

That's the first new song I've heard of them. Very clear, natural sound in all the instruments! It's almost strangely unmanipulated, I'm sure any good guitarist can pretty much see in their mind where the fingers are on the fretboard. Quite a soft song for Metallica with some nice guitar solo things there. I think the song begins at the 5 minute mark :)

I don't know what to think about the Unforgiven III, it will be either completely awesome, or just pure failure, I hope is the first one :D

After Cyanide i wasn't so sure... but that's supposedly the weakest song on the album, so hopefully the rest is up to this, then i would like it a lot.

After second listen I must say it's a boring song with good sounds. It's got nothing to say really. Not epic at all like Ride the Lightning / Master of Puppets. The finger picking intro is nice, but the rest cannot keep it up.

After second listen I must say it's a boring song with good sounds. It's got nothing to say really. Not epic at all like Ride the Lightning / Master of Puppets. The finger picking intro is nice, but the rest cannot keep it up.

I liked it until 5 minutes, where it kind of ruined the mood.

Still a good song nonetheless, I'm on like my 5th listen.

Mediocre song, not great, not bad... sounds like old Metallica so bonus points for that but overall nothing special imo, vocals, riffs, everything is just 'ok', nothing spectacular.

Well to me it sounds more like new Metallica, they tried to make it sound like the epic ballads like One, Fade to Black, Welcome Home, but the feeling is different, maybe it's the sounds + vocals which sound more rock than metal, but I think it sounds like a mix between all of the Metallica albums. It's good, not great, not bad, but okay.

I liked the part at 4:00, but I don't really like the song as an overall, there's nothing original... seems like James lost his epic songwritting skills.

And yeah + Tale of Revenge riff.

'"The Day That Never Comes" is described as the most downbeat track on Death Magnetic' - Wikipedia

I'm guessing the other songs on the album will be faster than the first half of The Day That Never Comes.

It's a pretty awesome song actually. Especially compared to what they did in Load, Reload, and St. Anger.