New Metallica Song

My Apocalypse was alright, but very fuckin' mediocre. Not to mention, the vocals were shit-tastical (although that was to be expected).

That's the only song I've heard so far, apart from the god-awful Day That Never Comes.

Downloaded the album yesterday, and I really like it. I was very disappointed with The Unforgiven III though.

I've got the new album since tuesday and it's for me a very good surprise!
Why?
I didn't wait this album here, with the returns of metal riff, great Hetfield, the Unforgiven (but seems like I dissapear), returns of Hammett's solo, old's Metallica logo, instrumental song like the firsts albums with Orion...
Not perfect album, my favorit stay the five first ones... (MOP)

This album kicks major ass much to my surprise. (i have listened to this only for basically 5 days straight). My favourite song is This Was Just Your Life at 4:29 i have eargasms. :lol:

Ok, I listened to this album again and came to the conclusion that this is a very solid album. Still very thrashy, cool riffs, and good hard rock overall. Some of the lyrics are mediocre, but James sounds pretty good on the tracks.

I've only heard the single song.. The Day That Never Comes? And I don't really like it, it's sort of Metallica turned emo. I hope the rest is better!

I've only heard the single song.. The Day That Never Comes? And I don't really like it, it's sort of Metallica turned emo. I hope the rest is better!

Did you listen to the whole song? I didn't at first and I thought the same thing. Yet, when I saw the video on Scuzz today and heard the last half, it kicked major ass. Sounded like One with the harmonies at the end and I'm sure all the fans will wanna learn that solo.

All Nightmare Long is my fave so far, I think I'll buy this album since I have everything else they've ever released.

TDTNC is awesome but the rest IS better. Damn I'm really enjoying this album. Every single song on this album is awesome except maybe Unforgiven III and My Apocalypse imo. Every song seems to have its share of awesome riffs. After more than 25 years of writing music I consider this an accomplishment to still be able to create awesome riffs. They seem to have lost ideas for the last 3 albums but they're definately back on track now.

Did you listen to the whole song? I didn't at first and I thought the same thing. Yet, when I saw the video on Scuzz today and heard the last half, it kicked major ass. Sounded like One with the harmonies at the end and I'm sure all the fans will wanna learn that solo.

All Nightmare Long is my fave so far, I think I'll buy this album since I have everything else they've ever released.

I think that overall it's too soft kind of Metallica for my taste. There's parts to it that I dig, like the picking intro and some of the solos, and others that I don't, like when the vocals kick in... Surely it should be nice to play on guitar, but it's lacking crotch. It's often like Wow this is a Metallica riff... you know. I'd like to see something like Master of Puppets, Ride the Lightning, Enter Sandman, Unforgiven 1, Fuel... and that. We'll see.

I think that overall it's too soft kind of Metallica for my taste. There's parts to it that I dig, like the picking intro and some of the solos, and others that I don't, like when the vocals kick in... Surely it should be nice to play on guitar, but it's lacking crotch. It's often like Wow this is a Metallica riff... you know. I'd like to see something like Master of Puppets, Ride the Lightning, Enter Sandman, Unforgiven 1, Fuel... and that. We'll see.

Fuckin listen to the first track off the album, those riffs will kick your face in! :lol:

Oh, sure they did pick the wrong single! I don't know what they were thinking.

random-50.jpg