New Michael Moore documentary "Sicko"

I'm pretty much down with the being against both sides... same for religion with me, extremists piss me off, and so do "little miss antichrist" athiests... some of the people in between the two ends are ok though. :p

I don't know the credibility and plausibility of Moore, yet I know the health system thing is a great problem to your society.

One other thing that i know is that there is also a problem about goverrnmental funding to the arts. Which doesn't exist in any circumstences. Maybe thats why Hollywood is was able to reach such a almost-government power and status. That is stupid, i needn't say :S

My favourite "American Society criticism" things are the plays "Zoo Story" by Edward Albee, and "American Buffalo" by David Mamet. I also have some American friends and acquaintaces here, which are quite different from each other about their ideas of their society. The somewhat aged ones (two of them are notable professors) commonly say they get sick of the fact that the country lost its soul and you are valued just by looking at your vallet, not your personality or other things. I am aware of the bias danger, and some overblown or too much forced conclusions that create prejudices on almost everything. So i learn to look at such things with suspicion :err:

lol, political discussion :Smug:

This is the marking of an intelligent person^

So i learn to look at such things with suspicion
Because I am not saying to disbelieve everything, just know what it is you are being led to believe and why. A little suspicion and interest can go a long way with informing oneself.

Cant stand Michael Moore, i didnt mind bowling for Columbine but f911 was a complete joke

I'm impartial to him, although he can take it too far.

What we are forgetting is the good things he has done... like running a plant for congress, which is no doubt more contributory to mankind than any political figure. Michael Moore confirmed this by demonstrating that the opposition consumes precious oxygen, while the plant produces it. :lol:

I fucken like michael moore. Fuck you guys.

But in reality, he's propoganda, just like the other side puts out. He's not something that should be taken word for word on what he says, but he's a necessary balance. Because of this AND ONLY THIS i approve of him. Still, i take everything he puts out and/or says with a BIG FUCKEN grain of salt.

^^ SR, I was about to write that exact sentence. :kickass:

Michael Moore does a good job by doing these documents. It isn't about agreeing or disagreeing with these issues, it's about bringing them into daylight.

Precisely, everyone is assuming/making asses out of them selves like he is forcing his beliefs down our throats and its his way or the highway! He does bash the states alot, however in bowling for columbine he also mentions how much he loves it! In none of his movies does he preech, he tells you what there is! You make what you wish of it, thats the point of moores movies. Besides if someone is taken everything seriously that a guy tells you in a movie you've got problems!

Precisely, everyone is assuming/making asses out of them selves like he is forcing his beliefs down our throats and its his way or the highway! He does bash the states alot, however in bowling for columbine he also mentions how much he loves it! In none of his movies does he preech, he tells you what there is! You make what you wish of it, thats the point of moores movies. Besides if someone is taken everything seriously that a guy tells you in a movie you've got problems!

But he is. he's using the same tactics as the opposition, thus he is jsut as bad. But as i said in my post, he's a ballance. one that i'd much rather hear. Yes, it's scare tactics, and yes, they get irritating, but anyone who's eyes were not welling up at the end of F9/11 when the lady was reading the letter from her son is fucked in the head.

I'm fucked in the head. Appeals to emotion and propaganda as you put it, distorting facts as per my example on page 1, this all goes down VERY low in my book. It's despicable, disgusting and base. I don't know what's worse, that he and others like him do this kind of shit, or that people actually believe it!

Yes, he gets people talking about issues. However, people are fucking retarded and believe what they're told, so they simply back Side A or Side B blindly, without considering if there are more positions, or which if any are even credible. There is nothing in this world I vehemently hate more than willful ignorance.

As long as the topic of discussion isnt related to dream theater, i tend to agree with most of what Ken says...

I'm fucked in the head. Appeals to emotion and propaganda as you put it, distorting facts as per my example on page 1, this all goes down VERY low in my book. It's despicable, disgusting and base. I don't know what's worse, that he and others like him do this kind of shit, or that people actually believe it!

Yes, he gets people talking about issues. However, people are fucking retarded and believe what they're told, so they simply back Side A or Side B blindly, without considering if there are more positions, or which if any are even credible. There is nothing in this world I vehemently hate more than willful ignorance.

I'm not going to try to say our society here in America isn't ignorant, but when they talk about the issues, even if they're just regurgitating the other side, it's progress towards people finding out shit for yourself.

And again, it's a balance. Besides, even though it's nauseating to hear people just mindlessly repeat Moore's message, I would rather hear "We're fucked. America is in a bad place and something needs to be done" over (and I kid you not, I heard this exact quote while waiting at Les Schwab) "I wish they'd turn on Fox News. It's more fair and balanced than other news stations."

Again, i think Moore does hurt our society in a way because he takes the other extreme and he's no better than the people he's fighting against, but at least he has a purpose in his life.

To be one of many assholes? Dude I'm saying I won't accept that as a useful purpose. LESS assholes, not more! Driving people to side with extreme A or extreme B doesn't promote anything but discord and division. It benefits both A and B but none of the mindless zombies who back them.

ITs his job to be an asshole, if he spoke like ben stein and had the IQ of AGX it wouldn't be a very interesting documentary!I can see where you guys think of this stuff with f911, however bowling for columbine has some hardcore facts, and I highly doubt the victims who where shot would do a documentary with somebody they didn't believe was doing them just!

I do see your point though, you're not wrong! I don't think anyone is in this case other than Charris. Hate him or love him, he does open up eyes and ears to current events! And as Doomsgay Sack said, big grain of salt!

Open up eyes to biased opinion. LOL it's friggin laughable that you can say that I'm not wrong, and that one should take what he says with a big grain of salt (which I agree with) but then go RIGHT BACK into defending him by saying "he does open up eyes and ears"...?

To what? His biased, skewed opinion. My example on page 1. That's what he "opens" people up to. And people are stupid enough to believe it, if not all then some. He is NOT a genius and NOBODY special. He's just an asshole with an agenda among many others.

If you think saying "it's his job to be an asshole" is a good excuse, then your worldview is fucked. It's nobody's business to be an asshole. What kind of fucked up world pays people to be assholes? This one that we live in, blindly accepting it. That doesn't make it right or noble. He's a despicable piece of shit and so are all other propaganda slingers, regardless of what they're hawking.

Open up eyes to biased opinion. LOL it's friggin laughable that you can say that I'm not wrong, and that one should take what he says with a big grain of salt (which I agree with) but then go RIGHT BACK into defending him by saying "he does open up eyes and ears"...?

To what? His biased, skewed opinion. My example on page 1. That's what he "opens" people up to. And people are stupid enough to believe it, if not all then some. He is NOT a genius and NOBODY special. He's just an asshole with an agenda among many others.

If you think saying "it's his job to be an asshole" is a good excuse, then your worldview is fucked. It's nobody's business to be an asshole. What kind of fucked up world pays people to be assholes? This one that we live in, blindly accepting it. That doesn't make it right or noble. He's a despicable piece of shit and so are all other propaganda slingers, regardless of what they're hawking.

I agree with this 100%, but i still think he is a "necessary evil" in this country and at this time, which is oh so fucken sad.