New music (non-Enchant)

First thing that comes to my mind: the live DVD from Sylvan.
Then I'm looking forward to the new Moonsafari.
And this year already has one highlight: Moongarden - Songs From The Lighthouse.

More to come.

Hi all, I have been viewing postings here for a long, long time. I just haven't posted yet but here I go and I think for a real good reason. There is a band that has been around for awhile that deserves some recognition. THey get compared to Enchant and Dream Theater a lot. I don't know if I agree with the DT comparison but Enchant for sure.
They are releasing 2 CDs of older material from Retrospet records. They have 2 current CD's out now. Invisible Reign is the CD that I think is amazing and you guys really need to check them out. THey do have a myspace site as well as a website but it doesn't seem to be updated that often.

Thanks for your time everyone!!!

well here's my list of 47 some odd '08 records already:

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/SoundscapeMN/top_albums_of_2008

current top 20:

Ours
Sculptured
Hills Like White Elephants
Protest the Hero
Foals
Darla Farmer
The Mars Volta
Apes and Androids
Black Mountain
Cloud Cult
The Gutter Twins
Agalloch
Panic at the Disco
Arsis
Genghis Tron
Ebu Gogo
The Big Sleep
Porcupine Tree
The Helio Sequence
!Forward, Russia

the new Ours album drops on April 15th..FINALLY..it's been over 6 years in the making. It's a terrific album..the arrangements and production are superb. "The Worst Things Beautiful" is about as catchy a song they've ever done and I can gurantee you'll hear all year.

Go hear it:

http://myspace.com/oursmusic

If you want to try something a little different, check out "Narrow Stairs", by Death Cab for Cutie. Great indie pop, with some progressive, electronic, and even krautrock elements. Very good if you like stuff that's very catchy and melodic, but also experimental.

And I second most of Soundscape's recommendations, especially Gutter Twins and Mars Volta. Haven't heard the new Ours yet, but I'd imagine it's awesome.

I'm also really hoping the new Dredg will finally be coming out this year. That would be quite nice.

51sit7jKazL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Awesome group I just discovered......:headbang:

the last "new" tunes for me:
Testament - formation of damnation
Sylvan - live DVD "posthumous silence" (the 5.1 mix is not very good but the stereomix rules)
Mötley Crue: saints of los angeles (no joke!)
Bloc Party: a weekend in the city
Biffy Clyro: puzzle
:headbang: